Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all.

I'm down to the rats and mice on 1488, and just discovered that the drive gear in my jack has turned into chunks. The driven gear is generally OK. I've tried using parts from a later jack, but so far, no luck. Haven't given up yet, however.

Anyone have an utterly un-salvageble 102 jack with a usable drive-gear to be a donor? Or, other jacks that might use the same part?

Thanks

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not surprisingly, no one turned up a trove of 102 Jack parts. Sooo, I called Larry and asked him to ship me a handful of Jack parts, and I’d see what I could cobble together.

He shipped over two 115 jacks (I think) with issues, but seemingly good gears.

In the end, one of of the driven gears was overly well used. The other pair, pretty good.

The short of it is I was able to reduce the diameter of both the drive and driven gears, tweak the holes in the middle, polish the crank shaft to accept the drive gear, and reduce the height of both the gears, and voila, perfectly operating Jack.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Hi All,

I made some reproductions of these jack gears in " bronze / brass "

in the original alfa jacks before building year 1958 "bronze /brass " gears are used .

I made some for my 1900CSS and 2000 touring jacks .

I also made the alu cover plates also used in pre 1958 jacks

rgds Franco

·
Push hard and live
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alas, when I had no reply to my original post, I took matters into my own hands. They work great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts