Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 68 GTV 1750 has had the rear trunk floor replaced and a casualty of that was the loss of the two (seemingly) sprung clips that retained the tyre jack. I have the part number but can't seem to find it anywhere? 105.00.52.226.01

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
doubt anyone has reproduced those, so you'll have to wait for s/h ones to appear.

they look like this....it might jog someone's memory
good luck!

jack clips.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa! They must be rare! Will see what I can find locally. That is crazy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sprung tool clips can be bought with various dimensions for a couple of dollars each. Will check them out.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Sprung tool clips can be bought with various dimensions for a couple of dollars each. Will check them out.
good idea!
then maybe just plasti dip them so it doesn't scratch your nice original Battaini jack:)

Would help if someone could measure one for you....some clips are too close to the ground where they mount.
these seem to have the right form at least, with a handy measurement thingy so you know what size suits best (ok, its in GB, so maybe not so useful!)
Professional Tool & Equipment Mounting Brackets - Stainless Steel Tool Clips - GSF Promounts

·
Registered
96 Posts
$65 seems about right these days, someone will buy them. There are plenty of guys hoarding 105 parts and asking premium prices these days, knowing that someone will eventually pay the price.
Note: Not saying the person list on ebay is doing this.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Merv
Im not sure those Terry Clips would be strong enough to hold the jack.(2 required).
Fit them and tell us what you think.
The originals are Far better

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The originals are not available anymore and only used ones are occasionally available at inflated prices. The quality of those may be dubious and ones shown in some eBay ads look tired and rusty.

There are many types of spring clips. The problem is with the correct grip area for the jack (around 30mm) the height of the clip is too short (needs to be about 75mm high). When I find the right ones, I will buy lots so they can be spread around to the needy!;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert at Manning Motors came to the rescue! He has some at a reasonable price. Guys like Robert make Alfa ownership that much more understandable and enjoyable. A true enthusiast.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Robert at Manning Motors came to the rescue! He has some at a reasonable price. Guys like Robert make Alfa ownership that much more understandable and enjoyable. A true enthusiast.
That's good to hear!
perhaps you could now measure yours for anyone searching, who might want to make their own?
This sort of info is always useful for the future

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I found an earlier thread with all the measurements.

This was it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts