Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
9,991 Posts
what do you do.. tryed soaking it in hot water, not close enough.. beat on the cloth part with you forearm to give it some ' give'.. nope.you still have about 1-2" space to close up on..( man these tops srink..).you look at the sky...well the clouds are really not that dark, let run a few errens.it's not going to rain untill later on today..that worked great for an hour, got my parts i needed, coming home on the freeway.. yup,it's raining hard now....all you have in the trunk is your lugwrench and some 6 meters of 1/4" rope...well this is what you do... pull one end for the rope thru those 16" wheels, around a spoke..and the other end around the top frame triangle, now tie s sqaure knot.. you have a loop of rope now.... get the legwrech and insert it between the loop, now start twisting the rope with the lugwrench keep going. you can see the top bow gettin closer the windsheild frame.. keep twisting.. now the pass side top bow is over the windsheild frame, push down on the top.. clip in the lower part of the latch, push down more on the top bow..( at this time the lugwrech has a lot of strain on it, this you will brace agianst you chest. ) clip the pass home.. repete on the diver side..,, now you top is up , and as a added side benifit, you now have on cool drum to play on......note to oneself, allway put the top up at night..:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's why I always put up the top for storage. In the summer here I never put the top up...but before I am going to put it away, I leave it out in the sun for about 6 hours...than it is easier...never easy, but that is the beauty of an ALFA top...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts