Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It happened. Guy picked it up yesterday. Its gonna leave for LA maybe tomorrow. get there Sunday, maybe. Across country
...hope it fares well.

Anyway, a new chapter for the alfa. Dont worry, guys, Im not going away. I hope I got it all taken care of to give the least , or NO problems to Jr.

Thanks to all who helped me prepare it in the last 1-2 months or so.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey Joe, just a suggestion... Not sure if you have that towing eye on the spare tire well. If you do, make sure they don't use that to secure the Spider. I transported mine on a trailer like that and used that tow point, the vertical movement (after a few hundred miles) was too much for the thin metal of the tire well to handle. Ripped the whole thing off with a huge chunk of sheet metal attached to it. Might help it handle the trip out here a bit better.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Joe, just a suggestion... Not sure if you have that towing eye on the spare tire well. If you do, make sure they don't use that to secure the Spider. I transported mine on a trailer like that and used that tow point, the vertical movement (after a few hundred miles) was too much for the thin metal of the tire well to handle. Ripped the whole thing off with a huge chunk of sheet metal attached to it. Might help it handle the trip out here a bit better.
Thanks. Well, not sure if it matters but it wont be going all the way to Cal on that...theyre gonna transfer it onto a 10 car big rig. Not sure how they secure cars on them. Anybody know? (I could call them but hate to bug them if I could avoid it......)

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Joe, say it ain't so... say it ain't so.
at least it will stay in the family. Remember-youre not getting rid of of 'ol Sr. Too bored with regular things in life....cars are always breaking and demanding ingenuity!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
It's Gone, Headed for Southern California

Thanks. Well, not sure if it matters but it wont be going all the way to Cal on that...theyre gonna transfer it onto a 10 car big rig. Not sure how they secure cars on them. Anybody know? (I could call them but hate to bug them if I could avoid it......)
The cars are generally secured with chains and a winch mechanism, locked in place. Traveling secured is not normally the problem, loading and unloading is where the accidents occur. We had a loading ramp dropped through our 2600 windshield, which the well-known moving company tried not to tell us. Instead they tried to locate a new windshield and have it replaced without our knowledge. Tough to do, when most know who's 2600 is moving. The moving company couldn't believe we found out...

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cars are generally secured with chains and a winch mechanism, locked in place. Traveling secured is not normally the problem, loading and unloading is where the accidents occur. We had a loading ramp dropped through our 2600 windshield, which the well-known moving company tried not to tell us. Instead they tried to locate a new windshield and have it replaced without our knowledge. Tough to do, when most know who's 2600 is moving. The moving company couldn't believe we found out...
Good to know. These people are pretty reputable, but you never know. Im glad to hear the car should will do OK.

Thanks, Cheryl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts