Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys

Well i took and checked my battery and did all the checks. Then i went to a shop and asked if they have a way to check it to confirm what i suspect. They said sure do Do you have triple A?" I said yes why well it wont cost you anything that way. They got a gadget that checked everything. Well the Alternator was working Check, The starter is okay Check, your battery has 12,5 amps check, There is no draw coming out after the car is turned off check. Ahhh buttttt the Cold cranking power on this only shows 330 amps your car isn't gonna start on
that and the meter also says that your battery is bad.

I took the battery to the place I brought it showed them the print out from the place. Did they believe me ??? Of Course not. I said look you say you have one of those set ups also check it out about your minute later Yep your battery is bad.

Lesson learned just because a battery is 2 months old does not mean its any good. If you have triple AAA a shop will do the test for you free.

Angel :)

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
A lesson for us all - "new" does guarantee "good".

Before having the shop check the battery, did you try measuring the battery voltage during cranking? (not via any dash gauge but with a voltmeter connected directly to the battery) That is a crude but easy to perform test. A battery can easily measure normal voltage with no load applied but then drop a lot when asked to provide the oomph to start the engine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Eric
It wouldnt even turn over. it would just sit there and do nothing. Like i said when they checked it was at 330 amps. I did all other test but most of the time i would have to give it a jump to get it started. Now no problems she fires right up with no hesitation.

Angel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts