Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight i managed to start my engine (3.0lt) after the car was laid up for a few months while I tried to find time to install a motec ECU from a haltech ECU.
So far so good. After spending weeks looking at diagrams and hours trying to set the values in the software it seems like its working well. I have re configured the fuel system and there is a little tidying up of some wiring but overall its coming along.
Running a 164 mag crank sensor (and all the stuff required to fit that), and a modified hall affect distributor as a sync. Operating in sequential mode I must say the power/controll over the engine of the motec is great and the diagnostic software is helpfull however you really need to understand the manual.
Next comes the tunning bill
PS The car looks orange because of the type of light in the workshop. It is ford monza red.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
congrats! That must be so sweet to have a 3.0 liter in that Alfetta!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup Pete its fun surprising a few people as the car looks stock. Only the wheels and the exhaust tailpipe give anything away.
:)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running a f10 (fuel only) however I couldnt get rid of some electrical noise thus was unable to obtain a decent tune.
I was basically told there where only 2 systems worth running (in oz anyway) motec or autronic so I went for a motec.
Anyway its up and running and sounding sweet. Need to tidy up the looms a bit and run a few more wires to the dash and it will be ready for a dyno session. It was alot of work and if anyone wants info on what was required I can help because I no how hard it was for me to find anything out.
Was also looking at the NGK AFX lambda analizer which sells for about 550. Its half the price of the other units and would save alot of time on the final dyno tune and would also enable me to monitor levels all the time. Anyone have one of these?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts