Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations on getting your engine to start. I am about a week or so away from you with my recently acquired 84 Veloce Spider. Just waiting to put fuel tank back into the car. Still have a long checklist of parts waiting to be replaced, probably like you. All filters, fluids, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, etc. My car has been sitting garaged the past two years. Fuel tank has been restored and resealed, so will be starting with a fresh, clean tank.

Good luck on your restoration project. Nice looking car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good, another local classic Alfa owner

Indeed, a very nice looking car.

Just to add a bit regarding potential clutch issues. If you are not losing fluid from the reservoir and the bellows on the slave cylinder is not full of fluid, then a bleed may be all that is required. You may be aware that you need to have the bleed nipple on the slave straight up during the bleeding process. The actuating rod on the slave should move the pivot fork 11 to 12mm when the hydraulics are working right.
Glad to see you are in the SC Update as myself. Nice to know of at least another classic Alfa fan/owner in my area.

If there are others, please let me know, or if you guys ever meet up or want to meet up. I could use the education and some Alfa bonding.

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts