Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

In a couple of hours a truck will arrive that is taking my '67 GTV to its new owner in the Chicago area. Up until today, even though I have his money and I sent him the title, it was still mine, parked in the garage with the cover on it. I suppose now that I'll have to find something else to haul around in the trailer, maybe another Alfa.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I remember the day that I sold my '74 GTV to someone who lived out in Pennsylvania. This was in 2002. I knew it needed to go at the time but it was really gut wrenching to see it finally go. What's even worse is that I never replaced her with another Alfa.

The guy that bought it from me said he was going to modify my GTV for the race track. I never followed up but if he went through with his plans the car is probably unrecognizable from how I knew it. Some nights I have this horrible dream of finding that GTV abandoned and rotting in a decrepit garage and it breaks my heart.

If you loved it that much, your only remedy will be to eventually get another Alfa. That should help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Gifford,

I had the pleasure of meeting the new owner of your GTV at the Chicago AROC event at Blackhawk Farms in July (he took me out for a couple laps during touring in his F430). He's a very good guy and I think your car will be well loved. It will probably see some action at our upcoming event at Road America this Fall.

Let us know what you find as a replacement.

Marco

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marco,

He was vary excited when he came to look at it, he was bouncing around like a little kid at Christmas. You should have seen the grin on his face when fired the engine in the shop with the open exhaust.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can confirm that Tim (the new owner) is a great guy. I work at Continental Ferrari/Maserati and Tim has been our customer for several years now. I did not sell him his Ferraris (unfortunately). Tim is new to track driving and is quite enthusiastic. This despite an incident at his very first track event with his old 360. In fact, earlier this year, when was attempting to put together a track event for the local chapter of the FCA at Gingerman, we found ourselves a bit short of sponsorship and Tim commited the crucial last sponsorship dollars to make the event a reality. A few couple of months ago, out of the blue, I received a call from Tim. He told me he wanted to get rid of his classic Corvette and buy a couple of Alfas (steet and race). I told him about this board and this race car (because I wanted to buy it! but no room or $). He followed up and now this car is his. Look out guys! the Ferrari customers are begining to pay attention to Alfas....buy the old Alfa you want now before they get as expensive as old 356 P cars. Let's face it interesting old Ferraris are now huge dollars (millions)....if you want something cool, old, Italian great driving and affordable to mere mortals.....an Alfa is one of very few choices.

David Alexander
Riverside, IL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts