Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a shipper for transport from Italy to the US? Need to ship two crates of parts (not Alfa related) each about the size and weight of a small block v8 engine.

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
Just after the turn of this century, I ordered bits from several vendors in Italy. They were all shipped/delivered to a freight forwarder that I had asked to handle the shipment. I would need to dig out my paperwork, but I am pretty sure it was MSA.

I provided a list of the parts and the names of each vendor to them so that the would wait for all of the shipments to arrive at their office. Once they all arrived, they were placed on a palate and shipped to me in Colorado. I arranged to clear them through customs so that I did not have to pay any fees for something I could do myself. When the shipment arrived, I went to the freight forwarders warehouse at the airport and gathered the paperwork. I drove over to the customs office that is just down the road. The US customs folks were very friendly and helpful. I was lucky and did not have to pay any duties.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just after the turn of this century, I ordered bits from several vendors in Italy. They were all shipped/delivered to a freight forwarder that I had asked to handle the shipment. I would need to dig out my paperwork, but I am pretty sure it was MSA.

I provided a list of the parts and the names of each vendor to them so that the would wait for all of the shipments to arrive at their office. Once they all arrived, they were placed on a palate and shipped to me in Colorado. I arranged to clear them through customs so that I did not have to pay any fees for something I could do myself. When the shipment arrived, I went to the freight forwarders warehouse at the airport and gathered the paperwork. I drove over to the customs office that is just down the road. The US customs folks were very friendly and helpful. I was lucky and did not have to pay any duties.
thank you! very helpful.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hi

Regretfully, my contacts are in Rome....

I second the post of Brian above, though no direct experience of MSA you may try the local, Varese, office of DHL or similar, I am sure they will have a contact with a reliable freight forwarder....

Richard

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts