Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: if you are at all bothered by stereotypes, broad sweeping statements, generalities, slight digs, criticism, blatent judgements or the like, do not read this thread! :D

Italian Cars and their drivers: Observations from Tutto Italiano - Italian car show in Brookline, MA

They say dog owners look like their pets, so does that carry over to car owners?

Observations: During a beautiful sunday amongst millions of dollars worth of Italian cars, a few alfisti and I noted a startling trend. Italian car owners mimick their cars characteristics:

Alfa owners & their cars: Hard working, not afraid to get dirty and be driven daily, imperfect but tons of fun, beautiful to look at but may bely some inner issues. Judges look at cars overall and understand a bit of rust, part needing attention and broken window motor (mine!)

Ferrari owners & their cars: Slick and beautiful, cars (like owners wives) are extremely expensive to maintain. Successful owners dressed well with Ferrari shirt, shoes and hats. Wives look phenomenal but with downplayed attire. Owners judging themselves, cars, wives constantly. Judges compare perfect garaged cars that distinguish themselves by layers of clearcoat vs discernable difference between cars.

Lambo owners & their cars: All about show. Showy bright orange cars, owners showing chest hair through open silk shirts and wives have as much plastic surgery and implants equivalent to cars maintenance costs. Judges compare volume level of exhaust and who's paint is brighter.

so....I know it's wrong (tree huggers jump in now)....but it was proven over and over after six hours of observations...

I love all these cars and would gladly fall into either category above, but I just couldn't help but ask if anyone else has seen this.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Daniel
Printing some observations and opinions in a public forum is not necessarily Politically Correct.;)
Wives look phenomenal but with downplayed attire; wives have as much plastic surgery and implants equivalent to cars maintenance costs
Glad you enjoyed the show.:)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:confused:Still would like to know how they drove all the way from Calif?

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Haha, good one! Life is too short to be politically correct. If we can't laugh, than what is there? Next, German cars....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts