Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about an Italian Car Fest at the Golden Age of Trucking Museum to be held on October 11? My dad found a calendar entry for it and clipped it for me. I've emailed for more info and am hoping to hear back.

Golden Age of Trucking Museum Events

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I heard back from my query:

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your interest in our Italian Car Fest. There is no registration required and no fee to bring your car. It will be held rain or shine in the museum parking lot. There will be music, trophies and prizes and food will be available also. Thank you for getting the word out! Hope to see you there.

Sincerely, Kathi

Kathleen Jones, Director

The Golden Age of Trucking Museum, Inc.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Bob,
Sounds interesting, and the event is fairly close to home. I plan to attend, providing it is shine rather than rain.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
On October 11 we'll have our usual AROC-CT Second Sunday Brunch at Leo's Restaurant, located at 7 Poverty Lane in Southbury. We'll meet at Leo's at 10:00 AM as usual, and after the brunch caravan the 3.8 miles to the Golden Age of Trucking Museum in Middlebury where the Italian Car Fest will be held from 12:00 to 3:00 PM.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got an update from the Golden Age of Trucking Museum and I told her I'd pass it along:

Hi Bob,

Folks just show up in their vehicles and receive a discount. Please pass this on to your friends. We will have a caterer that day. Hope you can make it. Sunday October 11th from 12pm-4pm. Hope to see you.

Sincerely,

Pam Palmer
It looks like the weather should be nice (at least the forecast looks good at the moment). I'll be there unless the weird electrical problem I've been having prevents me.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What a beautiful day for a car show, and some lovely cars came out. Got to meet several BB members. It looks like this very well may turn into an annual event. The woman who planned it was thrilled when she saw the caravan of AROC-CT members pull in.

I spent more time talking than taking photos, and some cars left before I was able to get a picture (among them a Lamborghini, a couple of Duettos, and an Alfetta). I thought I'd post some that I did manage to get.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few more. I really wish I'd gotten the cars that left earlier. The light blue Fiat wagon won first place, I believe. (I didn't know there would be judging.)

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the pics Bob, looks like a great time...hope to make it next year if they indeed turn it into an annual event.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This year's Italian Car Fest was set to be on October 10. I was looking forward to it.

I just visited the museum's website and found a note that it closed yesterday.

Was the car fest organized by the museum or just hosted there? In other words, did a club organize it, meaning it's independent of the museum and could be moved, or is it tied to the museum? Also, last year it was free to enter--just show up and enter your car. If it would help the museum, I wouldn't mind a registration fee that's in line with that charged by other car shows. For example, this coming Sunday is a big show hosted by the Thunderbird club at the Guilford Fairgrounds, and pre-registration was $8, day of the show $10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.