Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if anyone can translate this for me? It is from my '67 Giulia 1300Ti:

Trascritto atto di vendita a favore di Magherini ugo n. a Scandicci 12/10/1913 residente a Firenze Via Campo d'Arrigo 118. IL Conservatore

I'm trying to determine the full name of the apparent buyer and what October 12th 1913 is. Could it be a birth date or the date from which his family lived in Florence at 118 Via Campo d'Arrigo? I'll can post the actual document after I get it loaded on to the web. Also, I don't know if this is an original sale or a re-sale as I've also found an earlier date in '67 with a different name.

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
This basically says that the document is a bill of sale made out to Ugo Magherini, born 12 October 1913, resident at Via Campo d'Arrigo 118. I've spent many months in Florence and not heard of the street, must be in the suburbs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Brian,

I have had a couple of Alfas that came directly from Italy and to the best of my knowledge the Italian registration papers only contain the name of the first owner. I may be wrong on that but I seem to remember it being so. As far as I remember, in Italy, the insurance papers that are in those little pouches stuck to the inside of the windshield also serve as your proof of ownership. The other document is proof only of registration in Italy. I remember that because it once ruined my illusion of having bought a one owner car! Maybe someone out there could verify this or, better yet, restore my illusion?
regards
Bob

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Brian

Just picked up on this post - Via Del Campo D'Arrigo is very near the centre about 700 metres just next door to Campo di Marte - the stadium - according to Italia telecom Ugo Magherini still lives there, why don't you phone him? His number is 39 055572179. Try English but Italian always better.

Good luck Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts