Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight I was introduced to a new friend ..... 2007 Alfa Romeo 159 Q4 Sportwagon loaded with a 3.2 V6, AWD, and 6 Speed. :eek: I'll post more pictures and a drive summary tomorrow. All I can say is this thing is beyond awesome. Next week, I am scheduled to review a few more future Alfa's bound for the US.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I think you forgot to tell everyone that those pictures were taken today in LOS ANGELES, CA - USA :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know how we all keep saying we will believe it when we see it.
Well Believe it!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
supercooooool, nice to see it in states! :cool:
i hopefully "join the club" with same specs soon
have fun!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
HELLO!:D

uh......info please......
how.......
who.......
where......
when........

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
847 Posts
wow.. im guessing this has something to do with the 599 worldwide Tour. as posted by Jonei in the 159 thread. hah
johnei said:
Ok Everybody,
The Ferrari 599 Tour is supposed to arrive in LA this Wednesday. They are supposedly replacing the Fiat support vehicles with Alfa Romeo 159 sportwagons soon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/23/u-s-stage-of-panamerican-20-000-kicks-off-in-l-a

WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 25
7:30-8:30 a.m.

WHERE: La Cienega Shell station
8500 W. Pico Blvd. (at La Cienega Boulevard)
Los Angeles, CA 90035

Official site at
http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/events/panAmerican/index.jsp
I remember thinking there's no way theyre gonna drive that car in the US if its not a car imported into the US normally, well without paying..a lot, picture bringing a Pagani or something.. heh.. FIAT had to pay a lot to do this legally, and if they didnt do it legally I am worried. heh.

PS. Anthony you lucky mug! I think I recognize that Hooper camera too... you coulda at least dropped some Valley peepz..Hints... **** haha jk.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HenryKrinkle said:
wow.. im guessing this has something to do with the 599 worldwide Tour. as posted by Jonei in the 159 thread. hah

I remember thinking there's no way theyre gonna drive that car in the US if its not a car imported into the US normally, well without paying..a lot, picture bringing a Pagani or something.. heh.. FIAT had to pay a lot to do this legally, and if they didnt do it legally I am worried. heh.

PS. Anthony you lucky mug! I think I recognize that Hooper camera too... you coulda at least dropped some Valley peepz..Hints... **** haha jk.
This had nothing to do with the 599 tour. Those cars are already back east or close to being there. I took the pics over on Mulholland at VCR.

·
Registered
847 Posts
ok. Yea i just saw you're going to be having some access to others in the near future, it sounds like you're going to be having some interesting involvement with the upcoming lineup, which makes sense to me. keep us posted! hah

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Are you sure its beyond awesome?

We were told that the engine sounds like a.... Buick V6? And if you wear italian jeans you might spill some espresso and go home crying. Right HenryKrinkle? :)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
75evo said:
Are you sure its beyond awesome?

We were told that the engine sounds like a.... Buick V6? And if you wear italian jeans you might spill some espresso and go home crying. Right HenryKrinkle? :)
Way beyond awesome. Sounds and feels like an Alfa.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I see the speedo is in KPH. Not US spec?

Dave

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
:eek: (Trying to hide the tear, not having much success).:)
Way too wonderful to even believe possible. Beautiful is all I can say.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Anthony, i hate you in the best way possible right now. :D

elite38868 said:
Please tell me there are cupholders?
Why do you want cup holders?
When my friends are searching around for somewhere to put their drink i love saying "Alfa Romeo never made a car with cup holders" :cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmmm very secretive. Anthony is

a. Hanging out with Dietrich and Stefan too much.

b. Going back to being Mr. TV.

c. Somehow hooked up with a writing job.

d. Mystery.

You've got to start showing up to people's houses who are selling their GTV in that. After they go into shock they'll give you their car if you give them a ride.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts