·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
These are lovely cars, perhaps more significant now than in period. They were also pretty fast. As I recall, ISO didn't use out of the box Chevy motors. Insead, they were stripped and rebuilt with stronger internals. Interestingly, the ones I've encountered seemed to have Alfa 2600 interior hardware.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
I have added the second part of my Iso Rivolta GT story. It has been in the shop most of the past few months. It is in great shape now and I am interested in your comments.

Part two is here: http://mycarquest.blogspot.com/2011/...gt-part-2.html

Part one is here: http://mycarquest.blogspot.com/2010/...gt-part-1.html
Unfortunately both links above gave me this error:

"Page not found
Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog My Car Quest does not exist."

But car looks great :).
Pete

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are definitely an interesting design, although the front end is not my cup of tea they look fantastic from the side
It is interesting how we all have different ideas about beauty. Many people I know Like the front end the best on this car. The hood scoop, the pointy grill, the headlights...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Your car looks very nice and the color suits it very well. That nose though ...

I think the 2+2 "gentlemen/ business man" GT category might still be one of the most undervalued classic car segments. And smoking cars and deals can be head.

The most underated in my book is the Flaminia PF coupe for its groundbreaking styling (3 box innovation, based on the Florida show car). Others are very cool, too, including Flavia PF coupe, Bertone and Zagato 2600, Bristol 404/405 (Heck, even a 401), Interceptor, Fiat 131 Coupe (The real succesor to the Flaminia), Peugeot 504, W111-series Merc 280 SE 3.5 and the list goes on.

I sound like Martin Buckley ...

·
Registered
9,241 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ISO Rivolta

I now believe that the original color is burgundy, I communicated with the previous owner. I also have a rare original Iso color sample kit and this color is there.

The car did not sell on eBay, yet, and I discuss the eBay auction on my blog tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts