Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a newbie to the AlfaBB and I wanted to see if someone might be able to help me. I am interested in locating a copy of "Le Alfa Romeo di Vittorio Jano" by Fusi, Ferrari, Borgeson.

The reason I am interested in this book is that I am currently gathering research for a bio of Jano that I am trying to put together. This book is key, but I have yet to locate a copy of it. If you have a copy in your library, I would appreciate knowing about it and discussing a way that is comfortable to you to borrow it. Please reply to me off list at [email protected].

Grazie mille,
cbright1967
'72 GTV 2000

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Hi, I am a newbie to the AlfaBB and I wanted to see if someone might be able to help me. I am interested in locating a copy of "Le Alfa Romeo di Vittorio Jano" by Fusi, Ferrari, Borgeson.

The reason I am interested in this book is that I am currently gathering research for a bio of Jano that I am trying to put together. This book is key, but I have yet to locate a copy of it. If you have a copy in your library, I would appreciate knowing about it and discussing a way that is comfortable to you to borrow it. Please reply to me off list at [email protected].

Grazie mille,
cbright1967
'72 GTV 2000

A copy sold for 472.50 English pounds at an auction in July!! No copies for sale at this time on Alibris or Abebooks. A copy occassionally comes up for sale on e-bay...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is definitely a rare book and the prices at auction are showing it! That is more than US$1000 at today's exchange, right??

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
cbright1967, this is an interesting subject. I haven't read the book "Le Alfa Romeo di Vittorio Jano" .And its my impression that there is not a lot of reef. to be found, regarding trough information regarding Vittorio Janos influence in engine design. Who ells do have a record of engine designs ranging from the 6C Alfas from the mid 1920 over the Alfas 8C 12C trough Lancia D50 to Ferrari Dino.
In my opinion he is the greatest engine designer ever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alfa Romeo Books For Sale

Hello Huntbook,

Is there a website where we can find you or is there a list of Alfa books that we can check? Thank you!

Ciao, Olaf
We have:

The Immortal 2.9: Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 A&B. Near Fine condition in Near Fine Dustjacket. $1850

Le Alfa Romero di Vittorio Jano. Near Fine in Very Good+ Dustjacket. $1000

Alfa-Romeo Veloce: The Racing Giuliettas 1956-1963 by Donald Hughes. Very Good in Good Dustjacket. $350

Thank You For your interest, and please Email with any questions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Grazie mille,
cbright1967
'72 GTV 2000
The other interesting aspect to this book is that it's written in Italian with no alternate language translation, which may not be a problem for you.
It does contain a couple of lightweight interviews with Jano (each of the three co-authors contribute) and a potted single page biography, but not much really.

Similarly, I'll copy what you require, but unfortunately my 'unread' edition is not for sale or loan - sorry.

Ci vediamo,
Chris

PS: I'm chasing the companion volume "Le Alfa di Merosi e di Romeo". If anyone has one that they wish to part with please let me know.

·
Registered
537 Posts

Grazie mille,
cbright1967
'72 GTV 2000
I have a copy.. However, not for sale... I can scan and mail though... mail me on [email protected]

Nik Hannah

I have recently bought a motorhistoric library for more than 12000 euros... So if any needs to look in a specific book .. give me a shout..

Nik (biz5300)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Le Alfa di Merosi e di Romeo

The other interesting aspect to this book is that it's written in Italian with no alternate language translation, which may not be a problem for you.
It does contain a couple of lightweight interviews with Jano (each of the three co-authors contribute) and a potted single page biography, but not much really.

Similarly, I'll copy what you require, but unfortunately my 'unread' edition is not for sale or loan - sorry.

Ci vediamo,
Chris

PS: I'm chasing the companion volume "Le Alfa di Merosi e di Romeo". If anyone has one that they wish to part with please let me know.
Hello Chris,

Exact data of the book you mentioned: 'Le Alfa di Merosi e di Romeo', written by Luigi Fusi, published by Editrice Dimensione "S" from Gorgonzola (Milan) in November of 1985. I couldn't find an ISBN number in my copy. No copy available at Alibris nor at Abebooks at this moment.

Ciao, Olaf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts