Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
CORRECTED That/those connector(s) you are showing in picture are 2-wire pin connectors for ABS sensors. There are two in the trunk, too.

NOW THE AIR BAG CONNECTORS are 3-pin and are part of the air bag sealed/molded/shielded coax cable system and not easily replaced. If pins out of sync you will induce air bag fault in ECU. You can ask me how I know as I have had connectors crumble and had to isolate and sleeve pins to keep them from touching. OBTW FYI the air bag wiring diagram in wiring diagram book is wrong. There is/was a Factory Tech Bulletin with corrected wiring diagrams.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
If you have Q/QV/S models with working electric struts there are another set of four of this type cables/connectors for that system.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
If the ABS, Air Bag or Q/S electrical strut coax cable connectors have crumbled but wires/pins/terminals are not compromised just install small clear heat shrink over each separate wire and terminal with matching pin plugged into correct matching wire terminal and use a heat gun to seal each set up and then install a small split hose of some kind over the entire connection.

·
Registered
'91 164L 3.0 V6 12V 5-speed, ‘92 164 2.0TS 5-speed
126 Posts
air bag sealed/molded/shielded coax cable system
Is the sensor's cable shielded? My connectors were ruined on the car side and I don't recall them being shielded, just plain wires…

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
I don't remember if they are EMI shielded or not but the wires are not exposed. They are inside a black rubberized covering and have those orange molded ends over black covering and pin terminals.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I don't remember if they are EMI shielded or not but the wires are not exposed. They are inside a black rubberized covering and have those orange molded ends over black covering and pin terminals.
I do not think they are. Cut open rubber, pull out wires and splice. If I have some of these I usually Cut them long enough to splice on each end to keep it looking good.

Reactions: MacItalia
1 - 8 of 8 Posts