Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi
franjo who restore those wheels checked and confirm its originale exept the hub and push button thet are repro

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ups,somebody driled extra holes on spoke ends-i would like to report this kind of scam sellers.I think 3hole spoke diameter wheel is smaller(not seen it live yet).I restored TZ wheel on last 3photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The 6 and 8 I believe means June 1968.

Here is a GTA wheel stamped 2 8 or Feb 1968.

Note the 7 mounting holes, the thin wood rim, only the word Helebore and the 4 holes per spoke and their stacing.

Something is for sure different about this thread's questioned wheel.

Domo you do not mention the asking price but if it is for a real GTA you will probably want a better example with a date to suit the year of GTA. If you want it for a GTAj then I cannot advise. If you want it for a GT then price must be right.

FWIW

Ken

Attachments

·
9,929 Posts
Admittedly I am not an expert on Hellebore wheels. But what looks odd to me about the wheel pictured in domo75's first post is the thickness of the wood rim. From what I have observed, back in the 1960's steering wheel rims were thin, like on the wheel in the top picture in kengta's post immediately above. As I recall, fatter wood rims came into use in the late 70's / early 80's when ergonomics were better understood (the fatter rim is probably more comfortable, but less elegant).

So I'm guessing that the wheel in question was made well after the mid-60's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts