Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Is this conversion possible?

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Lokki 
#1 ·
I know there are going to be some thoughts about just how strong the herbs are down here in Africa, but is this conversion possible using a 105 body? Do the aftermarket suppliers listed actually provide parts like this for this application?
I modified my Giulia GTA Stradale on Forza Motorsport 3 (xbox 360 game) to the following specs:
• 8C engine bored out to 5.4litres (strangely the other available engine swops are the Mito 1.4 and Brera 3.2)
• Paxton race centrifugal supercharger
• Spearco race intercooler
• Mahle race pistons and compression change
• Green race air filter
• Magneti Marelli Race Fuel System
• Ansa race exhaust
• Race camshafts
• Race valves
• 4WD
• Intrax race springs and dampers
• Alfa race transmission and driveline
• Tilton race clutch
• Setrab Race oil and cooling
• ACT race flywheel
• Ferodo Race brakes
The performance is staggering. 640kw and 781nm. It outruns a Veyron on a standing start mile and kills most race cars on a track. Acceleration 0-97 kph (0-60mph) is 2.741 seconds and a top speed of 407kph without the aero kit.
My question is: is this a doable project and if it is, who’s got the balls to try it? I’m guessing that somebody down under has already thought of this!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sure it is possible... but you could buy a new Zonda or Lambo, or probably both for the cost of such a project.

The original chassis would be redundant after you chop it up enough to fit a 4wd system and V8 engine.

You might as well build a race style full tube chassis and fit a fibreglass body that resembles a 105...

Yes, we all like to dream sometimes :rolleyes:

#5 ·
OK, OK! My hands are back in plain view, sir! Of course the 4wd part and the subsequent performance are rubbish using the 105 chassis, but having seen previously unfathomable conversions actually happening here on the bb, I couldn't help but wonder about the rest.

#6 · (Edited)
yes it can be done. If you had unlimited funds almost anything is possible.
but can it be done for a cost most of us could afford no..
But on the other hand look at that guy that has stuffed a Nissan turboed and a 4wd box into the newer FWD alfa we never got here.
I think he has more power by a lot then your xbox version.
I would say it is very close to that in real life.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvThis crazy car vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/128060-my-project-something-little-unique.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#7 ·
sure it can be done, a lot of nutjobs put a lot of nutty stuff in old cars (spoke to a guy today who put a 7 liter vette engine into a datsun 280zx, not content with 533hp at the wheels and 700nm, he will be supercharging it), but i guess money is the obstacle here

As for forza, the game doesnt really offer realistic swaps, just engines from other cars in the game from the same brand (which is a shame, i would have LOVED the 1750 block in a mito, make my own GTA)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.