Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two of these loose under the seats of my Spider. Are they part of the car? Where do they go?

Thanks,

David OD
Laguna CA

20201003_230145.jpg 20201003_230125.jpg 20201003_230135.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Aren't those the end caps that cover the screws that hold down the convertible top hand strap located in the center of the front bow?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Do you want to sell them?

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, Andylarry, but thanks for the offer. When I wrote the original post, I had the thought of adding, 'Might they be worth $700?' as a joke.

My top will stay down till winter, when my wife will refuse to ride in the car any more . . . . And then I'll check the fit.

Thanks, everyone!

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I did see an Alfa supply house that does sell them
If you could remember which one I'd be pleased to know, as I can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Awesome, I found the same thing a few days ago and thought it went to the GTI so I tossed it into the "what's this" box. Just checked and Ed's right.

Now if I could just find the other one.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
My top will stay down till winter, when my wife will refuse to ride in the car any more . . . . And then I'll check the fit.
You should be able to check the fit of those strap handle end caps whether the top is up or down, as the handle is accessible in either position.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I had a quick look but can't see them there. Maybe sold out.
i have not seen just the plastic end clips, tbh
but you can get the whole strap, sometimes the end bits come with it.....sometimes not.
search PN 60711240 in images

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Norseman50, your right, I just have to unsnap the boot.

David OD
Laguna CA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts