Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Spider 105-62 - Sono un Alfalazzato
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed my top rear center console seems to be loose. When I removed console there is a stud on both the right and left side but nothing to attach it to. Am I missing a bracket?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I have noticed my top rear center console seems to be loose. When I removed console there is a stud on both the right and left side but nothing to attach it to. Am I missing a bracket?
You might be. Is this for the 1971? Got a picture?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, it is in my 71 spider. The small studs would be approx. under the radio. A picture inside the car would be of no use since all you can see is 50 years of hacked up copper spaghetti and
the bottom of an oversized cassette deck along with the wiring remnants of a car phone from the early 80s. The project creep can really explode. What started as a small console repair has blown up
into a full rewire of the dash and engine compartment. Not complaining just making note of it.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Yeah, there is supposed to be a cross piece that connects the two sides together. Lots of people remove so they can pull one side panel off easily to get to the rats nest of wiring!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Know anyone who is crazy enough not to throw it out? When I finish this rewire I should not need back in there for a long time. If not I guess I can make one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I MIGHT be able to get a pic of that bracket! It's from an S2...I just got a pair of console side panels and they came with a bracket that I was not sure the purpose, but it looks like it would be for that.

EDIT - here's a pic of that bracket, I THINK.

20210407_183230.jpg
20210407_183234.jpg
20210407_183238.jpg
20210407_183245.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
That’s the bracket at the front of console near e-brake. Not the one the OP is referring to.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
"A" for effort. Thanks
Since your original post talks about the "top rear center console," I might have drawn the same conclusion as @stasha about which end of the console is the rear. But I suppose that concepts of "front" and "rear" are dependent on how each person perceives the orientation. I probably wouldn't refer stasha's bracket as being at the "top," but if front and rear are simply issues of perspective, I guess top and bottom can be as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since your original post talks about the "top rear center console," I might have drawn the same conclusion as @stasha about which end of the console is the rear. But I suppose that concepts of "front" and "rear" are dependent on how each person perceives the orientation. I probably wouldn't refer stasha's bracket as being at the "top," but if front and rear are simply issues of perspective, I guess top and bottom can be as well.
You are right. My bad and my apologies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts