Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I found your website. Today was also, hopefully the end of a decades search for my very first car, a 1971 Alfa Spider I owned back in the early 80's on the Jersey Shore when I was 17 years old. I kept the records of that great little sports car all these years including the Vehicle Id number so all I did was plug that number into the search box on your web page and boom up came a question posted by the current owner asking for some assistance. I sent him a reply introducing myself and hope to hear back from him.
Fingers Crossed!

Update: Tracked down Dave Lemke in Dayton Ohio and confirmed he did own my spider up until 7 or 8 years ago when he sold it. Probably from his prior location in Ypsilanti MI. He was not willing or able to provide any details of the sale. So....the search continues for Veh # AR1485262. Anyone who knows me knows I am persistent and patient.

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
A 71 Spider that lived on the Jersey shore still exists and hasn't rusted to oblivion? Amazing. Hope you get reconnected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently Yes. What condition it's in now I can't say but at least I have confirmed that it was in Ypsilanti, Michigan 7 or 8 years ago. I spoke to Dave Lemke who now lives in Dayton Ohio but when he owned AR1485262 he was in Michigan and that's where he sold it. I can only hope that the current owner might join your registry or someone might see my search and point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts