Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Very nice car. Seems like it should be worth more than 8k based on the photos.
Has there been much interest?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hold out for your price. It's worth it. Even if you have to wait another month to sell it. Your asking price is fair.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Car looks good.

Why are you selling already?

I thought you just got this car in November 2010?

Vin

·
Registered
492 Posts
looks good to me, price seems more than fair (I paid more for mone a few years ago and it does not look as nice, especially the interior). So unless a crisis forces a really quick sale I would hold out for more, and I would list it here on the BB if you have not already and also with AROC in the Alfa Owner.

·
Registered
446 Posts
8 sounds about a grand low to me.. I think your mistake was in asking exactly what the car is worth.. should have started at 10.5 but even then if it is low milage only backed off to 9.9 From the pictures here's what I see.

Pluses:
Upholstery looks great.
Paint, looks great
Wheels look great
Mirrors original

minus:
Tonneau doesnt seem to have steel inserts, not clipped properly
Wheels look like a smaller changed to Cromodora 5 spoke in process
There's some sort of Non OEM radio

Mine is full of parking lot dings that don't show in any pictures, so body work is a question at this point. If you have a "No Rust" car, hold out for your asking price.

KKKKFL

·
Registered
971 Posts
Very nice car but playing devils advocate....
A/C not working is a big deal simply from the standpoint of the potential and unknown expense to repair. Although A/C is not important to you, it may be to a potential buyer, especially if they are from a different climate.
Working A/C adds $1K to car value IMO. Of course, I'm in Florida....

·
Registered
897 Posts
Also, the seller "borrowed" my recent ad for a similar Spider (which sold). I assume this means I'll get a cut of his profits:

Mine:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/177029-1991-alfa-spider-red-58k-miles-clean.html

His:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/178075-beautiful-1991-alfa-romeo-spider-9500-a.html

Same format, same exact language in many cases. And here I was earlier in the post, trying to support him in his sale, when I'd already done so. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ocduff, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? or something like that.....

your car looked very nice too, do you mind sharing what you got for it, or at least general range? helps the rest of us who may be thinking of selling,

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got pretty close to my asking price. I could've gotten more (if I'd taken up an Austrian buyer) but didn't want to ship overseas.

Really, clean, complete Spiders are not easy to find. Nor are honest sellers. I think the market might've returned for our Spiders. Also, mine was an automatic, which was a major plus for anyone who contacted me.

In retrospect, I would've gotten the car 100% before selling it, minus the AC. I had a lot of offers, and held out for the best one. Honestly, I should've held firm to my asking price and a buyer who was willing to realize that it was a very vair price.

I think the above seller should try and get his asking price. There are plenty of project S4 Spiders out there that can be had for $5000. There are plenty of buyers out there wanting to pay that price for a clean, sorted Spider too. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank for everyone posting replies to help me out here. I have had almost no interest in my Spider and I cannot figure it out, I have waxed this thing once a week for 2 years. I'm selling it because my job is moving me from Wisconsin to Washington and I will not have room for it. As for your posting Ocduff, I did like how you listed yours so I used it as a template after I saw that it sold. I appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
368 Posts
With little or no buyer interest in the car, an $8000.00 offer and a need to sell; maybe it is time to consider the offer? You are only $1500.00 apart. I would sell. You seem to be past the emotional part of owning an Alfa .

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Price

Hello,

I think your price is fair. We sold ours for $10,000 with no problem. It had more miles but had a new custom interior seats, shift boot, and brake boot. However the tach worked as well as the air bag ( I think). However the AC was not that cold. You can see it posted in the BB classified as well under 91Spider.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well, not sure what the average temp up there is in WI right now, but I doubt it's quite feeling like convertible weather.

I guess you'll just have to take what offer comes if you're in that big a time crunch to sell it. $8K seems like a great deal for someone.

I wouldn't sell it for less than $9K. Even that's a great deal, if it's as nice as it looks. Yeah, it has some issues, but don't they all (and most sellers "forget" to mention them). Or the sellers just don't know anything about the car.

Good luck. List it on Ebay with a Buy It Now of $8995. I'd imagine you'll have it sold pretty soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never stated that I purchased the car in November 2010. I placed a posting around November about this Alfa saying that I purchased it but I had it for quite a while just sitting in the garage. Not sure what I said back then that made you think that but it is a misprint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you again everyone. I have a couple of months to hold out. I may look into having those issues fixed if I can find someone that knows how to fix it near me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You can reset you airbag light - just do advanced search on her for the word airbag, in titles, under the Spider category. That'll knock that one thing off. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour to do it, and it's really simple.

Ditto with the other little things. Good luck. Get your price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts