Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Alongside the giant mess found in this sprint gt (due to horrible modifications made by a PO).

I am looking to do an engine swap.

Before I go ahead I need to confirm that the gearbox in the car is actually correct. - Till now I've been told the bottom cover plate is missing.. I am hoping this is just because it got lost and not due to some mods in the engine to gearbox configuration.

The car is currently fit with a 2.0ltr engine, but hoping to switch back to 1.6

Also took some pics of the propshaft, would greatly appreciate if anyone else can confirm this is correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Given that it is a mechanical (cable) clutch gearbox I would guess that it is the original gearbox. It should have a pushdown-for-reverse gearstick. This often failed and were locked in place or replaced over the years though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Yes I can confirm that it is a push down type for reverse.

Glad this hasn't been messed around with! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
Looks like a 1600 flywheel and pressure plate too. You sure the car has a 2L and not a 1750? Is the oil filter spin-on or canister-style?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a 1600 flywheel and pressure plate too. You sure the car has a 2L and not a 1750? Is the oil filter spin-on or canister-style?
I've sent the block number of to alfa and its a 512 motor

This is what's in the car at the moment... I am assuming this is the screw on type filter

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've gathered so far this car is a 1964 Alfa Sprint GT with 1750 interior, 512 2.0 ltr engine with twin spark conversion, added veloce bits all round and toyota rear lights and some random radiator that I've never seen before

At least the body is in great shape! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts