Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popped-up on ebay. Item # 220125595827. 1966 GTA Sprint.
black ext/ red int...VIN # AR611450 Anyone know this car ?...Ed K

·
Premium Member
15,632 Posts
Well, it is a genuine Giulia Sprint GT, but nothing about it is GTA. It even has the early upholstery style. The earliest had the same seats but with cloth inserts in the centers of them. I suspect you can add 100k miles to the odometer. It appears to have the later stainless bumpers rather than the chromed one piece. It does have the correct gray dash, and it appears that the tachometer does not have a red line marked, the true sign of a very early Sprint GT. The grill pieces either side of the center heart might be real, but the outer ones next to the turn signals don't' match the car, probably from a later 1300. Not enough slats.
All the grill pieces should be cast and chromed potmetal slat assys.

The GTA lightweight verson of this car had aluminum sheet metal, funny little door latch handles, etc.

I owned the 6th one built of this model, and I found the drivetrain to be pretty bulletproof. I put 260k miles on it before I sold it, and it was a revving fool. I would think one could easily drive across the country with this car, if nothing is obviously wrong, as it was a very simple machine, esp compared to the 164, and easy to juryrig mishaps or problems.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
As Henry pointed out, this is not a GTA... I always find that a seller that doesn't know what he has could very well have good intentions, but may have inadvertently done much of the work incorrectly. The car already has a bunch of issues, so a thorough inspection and cost analysis would be prudent.

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts