Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the weirdest thing, I cannot get any images on any of the Forums. Not even the Avatars will show up. I'm running IE 6 w/ all the correct updates.

Hmmmm....

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, it's totally odd. It's been going on for about a month now. It's not imperative, but I feel like I miss out on all the nice Alfa picts :(

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
It seem to be just isolated to just your account?

There are options in the "User CP" that you can select to show or not show avitars and images. I just checked your settings and they are turned on? Perhaps you might want to try and turn them all off and then turn them all back on. It's kind of a guess but worth a try.

If that doesnt work we can try to blow out your account and you can resign up.

We got to figure this out because you are missing out on alot of great pics.

Keep me posted.....I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No go. I checked and double checked the CP. I set the options to No then back to Yes. Waaah!

Let's just blow out my account and I'll recreate it. See if that works.

Thanks for checking this out.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
OK here is the scoop.

It seems to be a documented problem with IE6 SP1. There is alot of folks talking about this bug. Not only does it mess up images on Bulletin boards but it also affects images loading on other web sites. Have you seen this happen? As far as I can see IE6 SP1 is still the most current IE update.

It seems that folks are going about it in a few different ways.
  • Lower IE's security settings (worked for some)
  • Use a different browser until they fix the bug and offer a new browser update
  • Uninstall IE6 and re-install an older version (also worked for some)
Keep me posted!

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Theres alot of documentation on this

here is a brief excerpt from this site http://www.lockergnome.com/issues/daily/20020917.html

"Generally, the SP1 upgrade was flawless... unless you happen to be one of the poor souls using Norton Internet Security 2002 and IE6. The JPGs and GIFs would get iffy about loading. You ended up with a lot of the red X placekeepers on Web pages while browsing. Microsoft's KB insisted you needed to check the "Show pictures" box in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Multimedia. And, of course, that WAS checked. I now use a router so don't need the Norton's Firewall. Dumping that cleared the problem for me. A forum contributor indicated that dumping Internet Security, installing SP1, and then reinstalling it had worked for them. Another contributor indicated that turning off the firewall from the configuration menu and then turning it back on worked for them. Regardless, the original challenge was connecting the loss of graphics to running Norton Internet Security at the time of the SP1 upgrade. Amazing how dumb pages look with buttons and slick graphics replaced with red Xs." This comes courtesy of Hal Pawlowski.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smestas,

U b3 1337 h$x()r...

I am in fact using Norton Net Sec w/ IE6. As soon as I disabled it all the .gifs and .jpgs showed up again. I'm behind my works firewall so I'll just leave it off.

Very very interesting. Thanks for digging up that info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts