Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'74 GTV 2000. Would it be totally wrong to put the quadrifoglio clover on the car instead of the proper serpent insignia?

I am part Irish decent, and spouse is Italian. Thought it was a kinda cool idea.
Was disappointed when the '70s GTVs dropped the clover in favor of the snake.

Opinions? and are they the same size, and easily swappable?

John

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not blasphemy - just not original. If you want blasphemy, sit beside me sometime when I'm driving :)

The badges are interchangeable.

Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
John,

I can see where an Italian woman, a superb GTV, good fortune, Ireland and a nice quadrifoglio might be the ingredients for a very lucky life.

My apologies for not knowing about the size and being swappable, but my friend's 75 1300 Jr has a 1750-ish gold cloverleaf on it and it really looks superb with the dark blu olandese exterior.

Cheers,
Charles

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
It's your car, you can put anything you want on it. Around downtown Tulsa I keep seeing cars with these Care Bear type rainbow stickers. I don't know what that's about. At least a cloverleaf relates to your car.

Greg

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,637 Posts
It's cool, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Nope. You're gonna have to buy a 1750 . Just kidding!!! It's your car. Do as you please. A lot of 2L owners also retrofit the 1750 front grill. Do an "advanced search" in the GTV forum. There have been a few threads on how to remove/replace c pillar badges.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
That rainbow sticker thing, Greg,

Yeah,

you might Google that. Type in "Rainbow Stickers" and click on "I'm feeling lucky"

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was having the same dilemma about replacing the gold cloverleafs with green ones...but at 50 GBPounds each, I came to my senses and kept the gold ones on my S1 1750.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,637 Posts
I've bought new green cloverleafs for my 74 and the green keeps coming off so every couple of months its take them off and fill with green testors model paint. Not to mention the fading.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are Irish, the real deal would be a Shamrock which is a three leaf clover of course.
Might be kind of fun to modify a Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you are Irish, the real deal would be a Shamrock which is a three leaf clover of course.
Might be kind of fun to modify a Quadrifoglio.
The Irish white clover and origin of the shamrock legend is of the genus Trifolium, so I guess modifying a quadrifoglio to a trifoglio also fits with the latin derivation. My Grandmother was Irish (County Kerry) and always considered the standard 3 leaf shamrock just as lucky as the mutant 4 leaf cloverleaf.

If you get it done, post a photo :)

Chris

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I know that the 3-leaf is proper Irish -- but the green four-leaf is close enough for my purposes. If I can locate two reasonably priced emblems I will definitely do it. I think it would cool (even if not 100% accurate neither for the car nor the Irish bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts