Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Looks to me like the soft cover used to cover the soft top when it is retracted and stowed away. No big mystery, really ! When you have the hard top off, and fold back the top, this snaps across the folded top to keep things tidy and dust free. Also stops fading of the inner surface of the top when left in the folded position. Often missing from cars, so nice to still have it !

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Looks to me like the soft cover used to cover the soft top when it is retracted and stowed away. No big mystery, really ! When you have the hard top off, and fold back the top, this snaps across the folded top to keep things tidy and dust free. Also stops fading of the inner surface of the top when left in the folded position. Often missing from cars, so nice to still have it !
Agree on both accounts, cover for folded soft top and I haven't got one either. :-(

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Definitely a boot cover.

Dont think that its from an Alfa Spider though.

The later Veloce Spiders came with this cover.

100_0585.jpg
100_0600.jpg

Earlier and non Veloce came with this cover

148_4868.jpg
148_4869.jpg

Unfortunately, yours does not look like the one for your model.

Both the above will fit your model and they come up every once in a while or you can buy new at the usual suppliers.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I was also thinking soft-top cover, but dont see how the wings fit? The wings are stiff plastic backed so cant be folded out of the way. It has it's hard top on now so cant do a trial fit. The soft top covers, I've seen on other Spiders, are completely flexible without the ridged wings...hope this info helps!
Thanks
Paul
87 Spider

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
The soft top covers, I've seen on other Spiders, are completely flexible without the ridged wings...hope this info helps!
Thanks
Paul
87 Spider
Paul,

The Veloce style also has the rigid wings.
Tan Veloce Back.jpg

I dont think yours is going to work.

I do like the cover though and use it often. With the top down, its gives a refined, finished look.

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vin posted while I was typing....Love his boot cover!!! Mine doesent look like his, wonder where mine is from? LOL
Paul

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
like Vin says, to me it doesn't look like its for an alfa spider. Unless it is some PO custom made boot cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts