Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what my best bet is for the bumper to body spacer blocks, front and rear? This is for a US GTV 2L and i'll be omitting the over riders.

Any if anyone happens to have a description of bolt / nut arrangements that worked for over-rider deletion, please post!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Why don't you use the original bumper to body spacer blocks or blocks from a S2 1750 or 71 and on GTJr.? I may have some blocks? I have always considered deleting the over riders on my S2 1750 GTV.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brad

Should have clarified that I bought my car as a project and the bumpers were never installed. I don't have a full set of the originals.

Are you saying that the blocks from the other cars are identical? If so I'd be happy to use them - but I still don't have a source for those... unless you're saying you have a set?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I am assuming 1750 GTV S2 Euro & USA, 2000 GTV Euro & USA , Smooth nose GTJrs from about 1971 on all have the same cross section shape of bumper & same mounting blocks. I am not sure about having a full set, what do you have?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what I have (pics from my dad - I keep my bumpers at his garage)

Looks like the front bumpers have their inner rubber blocks.
Photo (2).jpg
Photo (3).jpg

Looks like the rears don't? Does the metal frame on the back side of the rears bolt thru the rubber block? I can't exactly see this on the parts illustration.

Photo.jpg
Photo (1).jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Either or both of Highwood Alfa, or EBSpares did them. Remade in resin. Beware: they are 'handed' as they taper towards the outside of the car to cater for the curvature (seen from above) of the bumper / fender :<)
I believe they shatter and drop out with age; one of mine seemed to disappear suddenly leaving my bumper skewy just in time for a track day.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks - took some searching but I do see them on Highwood's site., look like they're 16 GBP ea. From the way they're listed it sounds like while they are handed, they are the same F/R?

Alfa's part numbers aren't the same...

www.highwoodalfa.com alfa romeo bertone parts

Either or both of Highwood Alfa, or EBSpares did them. Remade in resin. Beware: they are 'handed' as they taper towards the outside of the car to cater for the curvature (seen from above) of the bumper / fender :<)
I believe they shatter and drop out with age; one of mine seemed to disappear suddenly leaving my bumper skewy just in time for a track day.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Highwood confirms they are in stock, made of fiberglass in fact (bakelite originally) and they are unique at all four corners.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I know I have some, but they are scattered in various boxes in two different storage locations, and I have no idea if I have a complete set. Got new over-riders and rubber trims too, also awaiting the day when they share the same home ...

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Spacer blocks

I found these at the storage unit. Each is handed but I do not know if front and rear match. Condition is very good, almost perfect except for a couple of tiny, insignificant chips which will be invisible once mounted. Dry stored since the mid-1980s.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts