Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pop-up link to ‘download index’ has emerged a few times today.
Is it AlfaBB legit?

·
Super Moderator
424 Posts
This is not Apple related. I am running windows7 enterprise with mozilla and I get the same.
Alfa BB Index.jpg

There is another thing I find pretty annoying.( besides most of the whole new forum ). As you can see the header is hiding ( hope this is the right word ) part of the text on top.

Why are you ( the moderators ) doing this to yourself instead of quitting the job?

Salutations from the Baltic sea

Bernhard

·
chiuso per ferie
11,758 Posts
Why are you ( the moderators ) doing this to yourself instead of quitting the job?
Without us, the development team (aka the owners) would not have any idea of what is going on. Most of the development team that I have been exposed to has no idea what we (moderators) do and how we do it.

From what I have experienced, the development team is learning about the software as they go. If I request tools to do my job, they have to have a meeting to discuss with management. Then, they have to look and see if it's possible to do. After that, it needs to be coded, then tested. It could take weeks or months to fix things so they work better. During the process, membership will more than likely decline as members get frustrated with the forum

I have been complaining and complaining in my usual style, which can be (is) harsh. I call it like I see it. I tell them I know more about how to do my job than they do and that they should listen to me and the other bulletin board Admins.

If we all quit, there is no telling how bad it would get here with spammers and thieves. This is just my opinion. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts