Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased a 1972 Montreal and wanted to introduce myself. The car is in solid driver condition and my plan is to (slowly) restore it as I also enjoy driving the car. As a hobbyist have experience with restorations and understand how important these online communities are. I am hoping for your support with questions and I am also willing to help as my restoration progresses.

Thanks,
John in Portland OR
64253551-E5D7-4928-9B0E-74E9844BEAE5.jpeg

·
Registered
1991, Alfa Romeo 1.6 Trofeo
42 Posts
What a great car, welcome to alfabb!
hope you have a nice time restoring this beauty and keep us posted .

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Welcome John, that Montreal looks like a beauty -in a very unusual color. Have you a copy of 'Alfa Romeo ~Montreal the Essential Companion' By Dr. Bruce Taylor? If not I'd recommend you pick up a copy on eBay or Amazon. Lots of information on his website too. Both will be very helpful, especially the book. We are all willing to help as much as we can as well. I suspect there are others in the Portland area that can help too. Have you had any Alfa Romeo cars before? The Montreal is similar to the rest of the 105 cars, just a bit more complicated and fun. There are several really good sources for parts and materials listed on the website and in the book. I've had good luck with a couple to help get you started:

Mark

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello John
Well done on your purchase, it amazes me how many Montreal's turn up in the States.
Be warned I purchased mine eight years ago and still not got it on the road, I had intended a rolling restoration but found to many issues so have done a complete rebuild.
There is a thread on here 'The Full Monty' by Don Peterson, a lot of useful information in that.
Have fun and keep us informed of your progress.
Regards Geoff

·
Push hard and live
10,864 Posts
FYI, I’m in the process of getting my spare Monty engine ready for sale. I had hoped to use it in a boat project, but positive domestic developments have me planning to move to another country in 18-24 months. So, no boat project.

Ive not seen a yellow Montreal. I really like the use of bright colors!

Reactions: Jcgrimes

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome John, that Montreal looks like a beauty -in a very unusual color. Have you a copy of 'Alfa Romeo ~Montreal the Essential Companion' By Dr. Bruce Taylor? If not I'd recommend you pick up a copy on eBay or Amazon. Lots of information on his website too. Both will be very helpful, especially the book. We are all willing to help as much as we can as well. I suspect there are others in the Portland area that can help too. Have you had any Alfa Romeo cars before? The Montreal is similar to the rest of the 105 cars, just a bit more complicated and fun. There are several really good sources for parts and materials listed on the website and in the book. I've had good luck with a couple to help get you started:

Mark
Thanks Mark, Yep, I bought the book long before the car! It is a great resource!
John

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hello John,
Welcome to Montreal ownership! You will find it very rewarding as the car is gem and the driving experience outstanding. As a owner who has undertaken a few long drive in the car, I am talking over 1,000 miles each, both my wife and I have enjoyed the experience. We have owned the car since 1985, so there have been many learning opportunities. There is always a correct solution, and there are many fellow owners of Montreal's who are very generous with their advice.
Enjoy, your lovely Yellow car, it is a rather unusual color, makes it even more rare!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts