Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
have been browsing the AlfaBB forum for a couple of months now, but haven't really said hi to people..
Well, Hi all!
I bought my first Alfa this summer, a 1974 Spider 2000 Veloce and have more or less been working on repairing her since then.. Looked flawless when i bought her.. :oops:

Thanks to this excellent forum i'm getting there slowly. Since i live in the cold part of the world, Norway, i have ample time to work now during the winter time, as long as the door to my garage doesn't freeze shut that is... :thumbup:

But, apart from that i love my little Spider and i'll never depart with her voluntarily ever :laugh:

Have a good alfa winter/summer all!

Arluv68

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Welcome to the fold. Lots of people here to converse with and help you with info/repairs you might be doing.

In Oslo? They have a big dealer there, drove a 159 SportWagon they had for sale. Wished I could have bought it, but no go for the US, of course.

Yes, the long dark cold winters can be a drag.

Norway in the summer, though, is really nice. Been there several times, both summer and winter, visiting our exchange students, et al. Planning on maybe taking the coastal voyage from Bergen next year to see where my mother's mother came from in the Lofoten area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Welcome to the fold. Lots of people here to converse with and help you with info/repairs you might be doing.

In Oslo? They have a big dealer there, drove a 159 SportWagon they had for sale. Wished I could have bought it, but no go for the US, of course.

Yes, the long dark cold winters can be a drag.

Norway in the summer, though, is really nice. Been there several times, both summer and winter, visiting our exchange students, et al. Planning on maybe taking the coastal voyage from Bergen next year to see where my mother's mother came from in the Lofoten area.
Hi Del, thank you for the words. I'm in the very south of Norway, but think i know which dealer you're referring to. There aren't really too many AR shops in Norway, too bad. The boat trip from Bergen to Lofoten is really nice, highly recommended.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Arluv....you are waaay south , my buddy Hansi lives in Andenäs , a bit up north of you....north of Arctic circle...he has a couple of Pontiacs , the 67 Tempest he was over here in Houston to buy , bought from a friend of mine....I am from Stockholm originally , but prefer the shorter "Winter" here in Texas...I`ve got a 74 Spider 2000 also..... do you have pics? we all love pics!

heres mine (I call her Mrs Robinson)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Ok, I see you are in Kristiansand. Haven't been that far south. Have spent most of our time in Oslo, east to Sweden, as well as north to Lillehammer and west to Bergen. We also found that the southern part of the Oslo fjord is very pretty, boating amongst the islands.

We fly through Iceland from Seattle (a former hotbed of Nordic people, even celebrating the May 17 celebration with a march through part of the city) to get to Norway, saves a lot of time flying.

No, we DO NOT eat Lutefisk, yuck, lol, just lefse and krumkake.

If you have some pictures of your car and the local area, would be fun to see.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet car!

Hej Bjørn,

too cold and dark for me up there in the north. Sure i have pictures :)
Your car looks stunning! I hope my car some day will be at least half as nice as yours!

Here's a picture of what i found when i opened up the cowl panel to check why the wipers wouldn't wipe.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And some more photos..

Here's my wife behind the wheel
DSC_0053.jpg

and the other blue car is just a fun car i took a picture of while cruising around our city this summer :thumbup:

DSC_0049.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My backyard

If you have some pictures of your car and the local area, would be fun to see.
Here's a photo taken from our bedroom balcony, overlooking a lake/pond. Really nice in all seasons. Lots of ducks there. Guessing they will mostly end up as christmas dinners to our neighbors :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hej Bjørn,

too cold and dark for me up there in the north. Sure i have pictures :)
Your car looks stunning! I hope my car some day will be at least half as nice as yours!

Here's a picture of what i found when i opened up the cowl panel to check why the wipers wouldn't wipe.. :)
Thanks for great pictures......that cowl looks just dirty , but otherwise ok, right? my car has a lot of orange in the paint also, but is the original color , just repainted 20 yrs ago by previous owner....thanks for the nice comments , but it looks nicer than it really is! lol...you don't see all minor stuff...but its ok, I like it...the best part is driving her.
When I lived in Sweden (up until 68 and a quick tour back in 77-78) I drove a 65 FIAT 1500 cabrio...see picture w my ex GF....taken in Stockholm in 67

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for great pictures......that cowl looks just dirty , but otherwise ok, right? my car has a lot of orange in the paint also, but is the original color , just repainted 20 yrs ago by previous owner....thanks for the nice comments , but it looks nicer than it really is! lol...you don't see all minor stuff...but its ok, I like it...the best part is driving her.
When I lived in Sweden (up until 68 and a quick tour back in 77-78) I drove a 65 FIAT 1500 cabrio...see picture w my ex GF....taken in Stockholm in 67
That is an interesting car Bjørn. One i have never seen before. Guessing they are rare?
How did you end up in the States? Carpenter?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Arluv, yes that car (Fiat) was mainly made for US export, sold in the states, my dad traded this in and sent it back to Sweden...I driove it to Italy in 67, and people were not that used to seeing it there either.
No, I am not a carpenter, but an Architect , left Sweden in 68 as there were no jobs, went to Texas as my father was here, he immigrated in 56 with 5 of the first Volvos to go to US, PV544s....he was one of the first three importers, and had 18 middle states as his distributorship. I was here 6 yrs then returned to Sweden in 77 just to stay 18 months (one winter , I forgot what cold was while in Texas! lol) really enjoy it here...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Hi all,
have been browsing the AlfaBB forum for a couple of months now, but haven't really said hi to people..
Well, Hi all!
Arluv68
Welcome to the BB Arluv68! There are some great people on this forum and tons of information, help and international camaraderie. As well as all the Alfa related stuff, we learn a lot about each other, our lives and where we live. We love pictures of your country as well as your cars.

My wife lived in Norway, north of Oslo, for two years in the mid '70s and still speaks Norwegian, though she doesn't get much opportunity to speak it here. She even gained a secretarial degree in Norwegian. A friend of hers is married to a Norwegian but he won't speak it. His wife sometimes speaks a bit with my wife because she picked it up when they lived there for two years also.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Welcome to the BB fellow Norwegian! Hard to say how many years (and years and years) of Spider experience this board has, but you've come to the right place :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All around

Welcome to the BB Arluv68! There are some great people on this forum and tons of information, help and international camaraderie. As well as all the Alfa related stuff, we learn a lot about each other, our lives and where we live. We love pictures of your country as well as your cars.

My wife lived in Norway, north of Oslo, for two years in the mid '70s and still speaks Norwegian, though she doesn't get much opportunity to speak it here. She even gained a secretarial degree in Norwegian. A friend of hers is married to a Norwegian but he won't speak it. His wife sometimes speaks a bit with my wife because she picked it up when they lived there for two years also.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Hi Oz,
thanks for the welcoming. We're not many in this little country in our corner of the world, but we are spread all over the world. I have a quite large part of my family located in Broken Hill, NSW :chris:
Never been there though, would love to go one day.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Arluv, yes Norwegians are every where (just as Swedes)....my ex wifes grand mother (fathers side) was Norwegian.....her mother had a grocery store in Norway (no idea on which town), ...here in Houstron there is a famous Family Tellepsen, a big construction company , even has a street called after them...that Grand father left Norway as a 16 year old...and as small as the world is , he was the errand boy in my ex`s grand mothers mothers store in Norway!

and....The second largest Swedish population city in the world is not Gothenburg , but Chicago!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts