Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 1995 LS
For some reason my right turn signal works sometimes and other times does not, it even will blink a couple of times and then stop. Are there contacts that need to be cleaned or is the switch just going... or...

any tips would be most appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,189 Posts
Replace the turn signal /emergency flasher relay, or if u are handy, resolder the relay terminals in the relay itself at the base. Fix is documented on the bb

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
I periodically have problem with contacts in the bulb socket. Remove the offending bulb check/clean the contacts may be an easy 1st thing to try.

·
Premium Member
16,563 Posts
My recollections from past experiences are that when a bulb filament breaks, or the socket is dirty/nonconducting, the turn signal system on and off frequency basically doubles because the system circuit resistance has changed, whereas when a relay becomes intermittent, the frequency doesn't change. The system works and then it doesn't, and then maybe it does again, all at the original frequency.

As goats does, I suspect the relay.

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
I didn't think anyone in the US knew what turn indicators are for... The US car might be different but anytime mine act weird, I'm going right to the little bulb in the front fender(s) before I look any where else. Those little buggers cause me more - well you get the idea. ciao jc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts