Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its Alfa time again, winter is mostly over :) I've started and run it at least every month over the winter, sometimes with the help of my batter charger/booster. I've had it out a few times in the last couple of weeks with mixed results. Sometimes it starts right up, other times it requires the charger. Today, rather than wait on the charger I simply swapped batteries with my truck. It was slow starting so I boosted it a bit with the charger. It started and ran my son around for about 30 minutes on a scenic drive. Came back home so my son could gather up his stuff to go to a friends. Came back out and no start, no clicking no nothing. Threw the booster on it and it started right up. Took my son to his friends and went to the parts store to have them check the charging system. I had to shut off the car for them to check it. They checked it, said the battery was only showing half of the available amps. Yet, after the check, it started right up.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did all that when I put my truck battery in it. Took it for two more drives today, no starting issues. I was surprised to see the parts place didn't have a way to test the alternator, anyone know of a good way besides a clamp on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts