Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instrument lighting has several bulbs but what is weird is the speedometer and tach lights work and then don't work, depending on who knows what. Sometimes I twist the lever and they will ALL come on usually when the car is sitting in the garage. Drove it yesterday and they would not come on until the car sat all night...very strange. Sometimes I think there is a short of some kind in the column switch because I'll touch or move something else and then suddenly they might come on. I've checked and cleaned all the wiring grounding wires and fuses. Is there some engine component cool down that causes them to come on overnight?

Thanks for any and all suggestions from the BB.

Rick

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,051 Posts
What year is your car? I know my switch needed the contacts cleaned and adjusted a tad. I haven't had that problem since

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 86 Spider Grad. I think it is a miss behaving dimer dial for the lights.
When I touched it, all the panel lights and console lights came on! Funny though, I had tried fiddling with it before to get them to come on but it didn't work. Short of disassembling the column switch assembly there doesn't seem to be another answer.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts