Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another missing bracket. It appears that the bracket that the middle exhaust section hanger attaches to was lost when the floor pans in the back seats were replaced. Does anyone have a picture of this bracket or could they make one? Couldn't find the piece in the parts manual.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Dave, I don't recall any particular magic concerning a mounting bracket for the intermediate muffler. The parts manual shows a bracket that I believe is bolted to the lateral member behind the rear seat (just before the rear axle tunnel).

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
You are right, the small metal strap hangs from the triangle arm bolt on the inboard side. I will try to post a picture.
Larry Bono

Attachments

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Larry,

Thank you very, very much.

I was wondering how this part was made and your picture is very clear.

Could you be kind enough to measure the distance between the 2 holes of the metallic plate and the distance between the 2 extreme axes (fixation to the body / fixation to the exhaust) ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I can sympathize with you on the comment yet another missing bracket Dave! I have had so many missing or wrong brackets and holders that now I just assume when I get to the next subassembly that I have to restore that I will have to make at least 1 or 2 brackets. It is a real joy when I find I have all of the right parts. On the carb assmebly I recently restored, I had to make 8 pieces.
Doug

·
Registered
300 Posts
Serge, it may be a few days before I can get under the car to measure the bracket. I think it is original, but am not sure.
Larry Bono

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Larry,

Don't bother.

I have just adjust my exhaust line and I have produced the bracket. I'll post picture later. I'm happy because the result is fine and I achieve it without any mess. Exhaust are sometime difficult to set.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Serge, I would still like the dimensions. I have to make this too.

Doug
On my car, the distance between the 2 axes (fixation on the exhaust / fixation to the body) is 15,5 cm (I prefer giving you the total distance because your rubber part is may be different than mine).

The best way is to have a good friend. One push the exhaust line to the expected place, the other one measure the distance between the 2 holes of fixation.
Then you produce de metallic part with holes bigger than the 2 screw so you can adjust a little bit.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks Serge.

Adam, 77mm is roughly the separation between mounting holes from carb to carb. Here is the support bracket which came with my car (2000) which connects between my two carbs and to an arm then plate which connects to the engine mount.

It looks like a failed attempt at metal work 101. The second pic has the calipers set at 77mm. The final pic is the part I made which is more correct to the original.

Maybe for a 2600, someone made an extra plate to stiffen up the V mount bracket?

Doug

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts