Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem crazy or even heretical by some of you - but is it possible to improve the seating position in a GTV. I love my car, but I need more leg room. Has anyone ever been faced with this problem? What were your solution(s)?

I am hoping it is possible to move the seat rails back without infringing on safety in any way.

Any help would be helpful.

BTW: It is a LHD 1974 2000 GTV.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
The rails sit on brackets welded to the floor and they would have to be moved to the rear by maybe using a extension. How much further back is a good question, I don't have much room behind the seat when it's back all the way. You might get an inch or two. On my 74 the seats are sitting on spacers which are about an inch thick which makes the bolts that much longer than other years. If you also have them and took them out it would obviously lower the seat which may or may not improve the seating position for you. Hope that helps.

·
Administrator
12,551 Posts
You have to sit with your legs bent/sprayed (?, is that the right word and spelling?) out.

If you try to sit with your legs straight it just won't work.
Pete

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Splayed :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had hoped that someone would reply that the pedals were adjustable. Even an inch would help, I think.

Thanks for the tip re: the spacers to lower the seat.

Cheers,
M

·
Administrator
12,551 Posts
I had hoped that someone would reply that the pedals were adjustable. Even an inch would help, I think.

Thanks for the tip re: the spacers to lower the seat.

Cheers,
M
If you should remove the spacers, ensure you shorten the seat bolts before you bolt the seat back down ... otherwise you will make holes in your floor pan :(
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts