Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody

Any suggestion on how to remove all the interior trims? Mainly the foam (?) and the headliners?

I don't know where to start, whenever I look under the carpets, there are foam everywhere.

After I have removed the seats, the trims and the headliners, should I keep it? Sell it on eBay (they're pretty worn down)? Is it really bad to just throw them away (including the seat)?

Is there something that I can put on the bare floor to protect it? Paint? Por 15?

My car really really stinks, would removing the foam (or the sound proofing material) helps?

Thx. :D

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Sound's like you need a whole new interior.

I would start off with taking the front and rear seats out. Secondly take the center console out. (it might be tuff to take out, so once you're fired up after not being able to pull it out, just start yanking it really hard). Once all that stuff is out you need to take off the metal "Alfa Romeo" plate in the door jam, to remove the carpet. As far as headliner, look around for screw's, if you can't find any rip it out and then it should be easy removing the trim around (it's obvisouly bad if you don't want it in you're car).

That's pretty much the interior. Oh yeah, that foam stuff under everything is sound detinating foam, it look's really dirty, but it just has that look. You can throw all that stuff out to, but it's going to be loud!

edit:
Don't throw away the seats, sell or give them away.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the stuff I am having trouble with. It looks like they're epoxied to the floorpan, maybe I should tear everything apart first.
And the "foam" on the driver side is really deformed, there is big dip under the clutch pedal, and a big BUMP under the gas pedal.

Thx. :)

Sniady said:

That's pretty much the interior. Oh yeah, that foam stuff under everything is sound detinating foam, it look's really dirty, but it just has that look. You can throw all that stuff out to, but it's going to be loud!

·
Registered
98 Posts
foam stuff

you could probably replace the foam with dynamat. Watch out for the evil rust demon under all that! i had to trash a spider that I got cheep because of hidden rust. It is a good source of parts for my GTV tho!
Bill
'74 gtv(still a project)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dynamat

Dynamat is an asphalt(I think) based self adhesive sheet that is a great sound and or heat dampener. It is available thru Eastwood. They also do a product for hood insulating. It was developed I think for auto stereo types.
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts