Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Changing dash type...

The flat dash was used with the earlier heater that had a one speed fan and a manual flap above the tunnel, the 1750 dash was used with the later the heater with a two speed fan and a cable operated flap.

·
Registered
920 Posts
_ I´ve owned a 69 junior for several years, and it had floor pedals, 1750 dash and hydraulic clutch with high rear wheel arches,
_ currently working on a original spanish since new 1750 mk1 from july 68 ( i have papers to confirm this) and is has cross over air filter box, floor pedals, of course 1750 dash and hydraulic clutch, high rear arches
_ currently also working on a very very original 67 GTV, and it fits floor pedals, mechanical clutch and flat top dash with low rear arches

all of them euro specs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the manual @Steve105, I've owned my car for just over four years now and I love it. The lines, driving position and driving experience really ticks a lot of my boxes, it's not quick but when you're low down (my car is lowered on sports springs) and on a good road (preferably down hill haha) I wouldn't swap it for anything else.

I was 27 when I bought it, knew very little about the model and probably bought too hastily, but the car is mine and I want to look after it and where possible return it to how it would've looked when it left the factory. I'm not too anal about it being 100% correct, but for example, my dash needs a new veneer and the top is cracked a little, if I know that I need a new dash anyway (as it appears I do) then I won't bother repairing it and I'll put the money towards getting the correct part.

Ah ok, so my VIN is AR1220### so based on the parts manual it looks like I should really have the flat top dash, which is a bit of a pain in the arse haha.

Just out of curiosity do you know why some cars have a left hand air box with the cross over and some have the right hand cylindrical air box (which mine has)?

My car also has hanging pedals, not floor mounted, do you know when this change came in too?

P.S. - Thanks for all the help so far guys, I'm just trying to get some direction and clarity about how the car should look.
Whats yer vin#? My 68 jr #1217233 has black pleated vinyl seats, flat fake wood dash, 2 spoke wheel (that mounts seemingly upside down ?) and was dark blue, 343 i thinks...and as well, curiously, the headliner was also painted blue, def done at factory...anyone else have this too? Mine was missing orig wheels, i wasn't sure whether 14's or 15's but i sourced 15's, and a set of 66/67 flying saucer hubcapssss

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi Tomwazza

Quite an interesting thread, even though I have little to contribute....

However, I would look up reference books I have if a full chassis/tipo number available....not sure why not?

Richard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Tomwazza

Quite an interesting thread, even though I have little to contribute....

However, I would look up reference books I have if a full chassis/tipo number available....not sure why not?

Richard
Hi Richard,

I just thought putting a full VIN online wasn’t a good idea? But maybe it doesn’t matter? I don’t know haha.

Cheers,

Tom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
When I do my research I reference the resource
I've listed my car/s in it, so I feel comfortable in using the list thanks to the efforts Patrick Hung and Andrew Watry and all those owners that have paid Services to get their official Italian Certificato Di Autenticita.
Apparently there are other cars that are on private lists, as to if these lists contain body numbers or are just pictorial I don't know.
Regards Steve

41 - 46 of 46 Posts