Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting Spider for sale on ebay now. 1991 with 7850 original miles. Originally asking $22,500, what do you think he gets for it? I suspect 21-22K range....

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i agree with you - i think 21-22 range sounds about right. it is rare to find S4 spiders with less then 10k miles so it should demand a premium. i purchased my spider with only 10k miles and i paid 15k - but that was from a family friend and it was an automatic.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Looks nice. I would want to upgrade the wheels. Also, pity it doesn't have a/c. I know, I know, it's a convertible. But, there were times I just could not drive my Fiat Spider due to extreme heat or humidity.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'm actually waiting to hear back from the seller. I'm going to check it out hopefuly today. I'm not really in the market for what I believe is going to around 20K but I thought I'd give it the once over and report back.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I just got an email from the seller and he says he's been offered in the low 20's. He also said he shows by appointment only since he has no sales staff and that he only wants to show it to people who are intending to bid to own. I never even said I was going to check it out for others, so either he's psychic or doesn't want to let people see it. I can understand not wanting joy riders but if I was going to stroke a seller for a ride it would not be a 1991 Spider. Maybe an F430 Ferrari but not an S4 Alfa.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had it listed on his web site initially for $29,500. He then lowered the price to $22,500 (per his web site). Since it is now on ebay, his web site lists it again for $29,500. I suspect he will get around 20K on ebay.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if he got 25k - there is still 7 days left in the auction. i would pay 25k if i really wanted it.. but i dont.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if he got 25k - there is still 7 days left on the auction. i would pay 25k if i really wanted it.. but i dont.
Well, let's do the math. I just bought a pretty nice 91 Veloce. $9,950
Still, it needs;

Ball joints
Tires
Muffler
Motor Mounts
All fluids changed
A/C charge (hopefully only that)
Brakes
Light switch
$2,000
That's only to bring it up to good running condition.

$11,950.

The body is in very nice condition, but to be PERFECT would need some work. Let's say I can get by with paintless dent removal and some respray here and there.
$1,000 (add 4,000 to that if it did need new paint job)

Up to

$12,950

The interior is very nice. STILL, to be perfect needs new drivers seat upholstery.
Maybe $700??

$13,650.

Throw in a few odds and ends I may have missed to be really perfect.
$1,000

So about $15,000 (possibly 19,000). For an excellent -1 car.

BUT, that's for a "restoration." Original, maybe "priceless?"

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
SJMST - if you need a paintless dent removal guy let me know, i used this guy larry who made my spider look immaculate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts