Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hans2 sent me a link to Enrico's blue Montreal and I noticed this Montreal race car in France. Interesting but I doubt it was an Alfa Romeo 'Team Car' with factory sponsorship. Phil you might not be quite as upside down as you thought if this one sells for near the asking price. A translated version of the ad is shown below the link, I hope: ALFA ROMEO MONTREAL Groupe IV - 1971 For Sale on Car And Classic UK [C347528]

STANISLAS MACHOIR - VENTES AUX ENCHERES - TOULOUSE
LOT-122.ALFA ROMEO MONTREAL Group IV - 1971 Serial No. 1427772
Engine: 8 Cylinder, Power: 230cv, Transmission: 5-speed, brakes: ventilated discs, Safety equipment FIA
"The symbol of the greatest inspiration performed for Human automobile, it is the Montreal who had been chosen by Alfa to represent it at the Montreal World's Fair in 1967 ".
Marketed in 1970, with the V8 engine of the Alfa racing, it will not in the new populist politics of Alfa Romeo (Southern Italy) and thus was produced only 3925 copies. . This makes its rarity
career of Montreal in Gr IV was short-lived: 2 participations in the World Championship and packages the Tour de France: Alfa Romeo plant (due to financial problems with Alfa South). Chelli or Thepenier preferring align Alfa 2000 Gr I, more competitive in their categories.
Prepared in Gr IV, stripped of its chromium, with flared fenders and low profile it is even more beautiful and in line with Alfa Tubolare.
The car was presented was remade in 2000, Gr IV light version: She was aligned compete in the Great Tours International 3: Auto Tour - Tour of Spain - Tour of Italy (100 Ore) often being at par with Ferrari Daytona, Porsche Carrera, etc).
The car was revised in 2007, engine rebuilt in 2012.
Single Car, it can participate in larger events, as did 3 major national tours, and will be without problems for many favorite Porsche.
It is ready to run. It combines the qualities of financial investment, rarity and racing machine, with its wonderful sound.
FIA Card, Registration French.
Sports Awards
2001 TOUR AUTO
2001 TOUR OF SPAIN: 1st Gr H
2002 AUTO TOUR: 1st Class H3
2004 TOUR OF ITALY: 1st Class SLT 20
in the second circuit FIORANO to 3/100 of the Ferrari Daytona G IV Zambelli information: [email protected]

Price: £120000 Offers invited
Advert Type: For Sale
Category: Classic Cars
Make: Alfa Romeo
Model: Montreal
Year: 1971
Telephone: +33 (0) 561485392
E-mail: Contact Advertiser via Email
Listing Date: 08-Jan-2015
Ref: C347528
Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
What!! $120k for a standard stripped out Montreal with a bolt in roll cage? I could understand a high price for a car with factory or period race history and factory period modifications. I could be mistaken but I can't see where the race modifications warrant the high price over and above a well presented road going car.

Oh well as the saying goes "if you can't beat them join them". So my race Montreal is now officially FOR SALE.... Full support and spares package available. All offers considered.

I'll then finish my other Alfa projects and have a few holidays in the south of France with the girls.

·
Registered
468 Posts
??? What is this for a curious story ??

Today I got my new/old magazine I bought at Ebay these days ! Retro Course from 2002 exact with a 4page story about this car, owned new to Stanislas Machoir...

Unfortunately I speak no french but check the photos and happy I bought the mag, pfff... :x

hannelore

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts