Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I originally thought was a 101 Veloce intake manifold, but upon closer inspection I realized that it has a vacuum port for what I would assume is a brake booster. I was never aware of ant 101 cars having this and it is obviously part of the original casting. Also do they all have the "Z" in the casting? At what point did they have just the boss with the two mounting holes for the throttle bracket pivot? This one has that as part of the casting. And it is for DCOE carbs.
I just ran it thru my soda blast cabinet so it looks great with no corrosion. In any case it is for sale for $250 plus shipping from 97013.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I have what I originally thought was a 101 Veloce intake manifold, but upon closer inspection I realized that it has a vacuum port for what I would assume is a brake booster. I was never aware of ant 101 cars having this and it is obviously part of the original casting. Also do they all have the "Z" in the casting? At what point did they have just the boss with the two mounting holes for the throttle bracket pivot? This one has that as part of the casting. And it is for DCOE carbs.
I just ran it thru my soda blast cabinet so it looks great with no corrosion. In any case it is for sale for $250 plus shipping from 97013.
I will take it! Lionel

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did you ever get a positive ID on this manifold? What are the dimensions of the port on the cylinder head side?
I'm asking because I have one very similar to this.
Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, the manifold has been sold, but I think it was about 37mm wide, don't remember the height. Just strange having the extra material where the vacuum port is located like a 105 manifold. Can you post pictures of yours?

·
Premium Member
22,807 Posts
Stu, I wonder if TI Super? They had essentially a 101 1600 SS engine and I wonder if as part of that they had 101 throttle linkage rather than 105? The vacuum port I can't quite account for, TI Supers don't have a booster. At least I'm pretty sure not. Maybe they got into production thinking they might add booster?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's possible, but I would have thought they would have used a 1600 Veloce intake, and this has the high location of the linkage. It's a mystery to me. Maybe Lionel will figure it out.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be interesting to know more, for sure. Gillham said he thought he had seen one years ago.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't have access to all the parts books however, the manifold I have appears most similar to the 1600 Sprint Speciale drawing in the SS and Spider Veloce parts supplement. Also, I believe the first 300 Giulia Spider Veloce's had the that same manifold.
Does anyone have the 101 1300 Veloce parts book with a picture of that manifold to compare to?
Andrew, I agree with you that OP's looks like the TI super drawing.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have access to all the parts books however, the manifold I have appears most similar to the 1600 Sprint Speciale drawing in the SS and Spider Veloce parts supplement. Also, I believe the first 300 Giulia Spider Veloce's had the that same manifold.
Does anyone have the 101 1300 Veloce parts book with a picture of that manifold to compare to?
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mystery solved! Looked in my 1600 TI Manual, and it has the TI Super Supplement. It is a 105.16.01.060.02 TI Super Manifold. Interesting that it shows the vacuum check valve, but the brake section doesn't show a booster. Like Andrew said, looking ahead, maybe?
IMG-1600.jpg

·
Registered
1960 Giulietta Spider, 1961 Giulietta Spider Veloce
226 Posts
I have the same manifold without the vacuum port. It also has the letter Z cast into it. The port size by the head is approximately 38 x 48 and inlet side is 41. It only has one steel nipple at the rear of the water tube which is not what the TI Super drawing shows. I mounted on my 101 1300 many years ago thinking it was a 101 Veloce manifold now I have no clue what it belongs to.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts