Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a friend here at PCSOM in Pikeville that is a true car guy, but he is currently driving British e.g. Minis and Triumphs.

I was out with him today golfing, and we took the spider to the course. While I was passing several cars like they were standing still he started asking TONS of questions about Alfas and USA model spiders in general. Turns out he has family back in Germany who owns ONLY Alfas.

He asked me today if I wouldnt mind putting my ears to the ground in the Alfa circles to see if there were any cars out there for sale. Given our schedules with school, he was hoping to find something in Kentucky as his home base is in bowling green.

What he is looking for:

1) A car that is running and driving with rust to a minimum.

2) Cosmetics can be sketchy as long as the car isnt too rusty or beat up and it runs well.

3) He is looking to spend a MAX of $3500.00

So if there are any spiders out there that may need a little help aesthetically (Or not)... but run well let me know so I can pass the info along.

Thanks in advance.
Martin.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hiya martin,
Mark has been mumbling about looking for another car that is a bit larger so he can run the kids around in something other than a jeep. He'll want more than your buddy says he wants to spend but I don't think that you would be able to find another Spider with all the good stuff his has. Sperry head, nice cams, handles like it's on rails etc...
I think he's crazy cause it's a sweet car.
You might holler at him and see what he wants. Of course he drove it all day yesterday so he may change his mind.:)

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
He'll want more than your buddy says he wants to spend but I don't think that you would be able to find another Spider with all the good stuff his has
That's what I said ya big grouch!!:D

He he......

Paul

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Everytime I drive it the price goes up!!
John Duncan bought an S3 not too long ago, not sure what condition.....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
$8000...come and get it! Sperry stage 3 heads, 7L cams, springs, shocks, panansports, poly all over the place....quick and handles like a dream!!;)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Hurry or we're going to put all the good stuff onto a Giulia.....

Paul

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Victoria Keith in Lexington was interested in selling her nice 1990 blue met spider. I think it may be in that 7-8k range, but it was a nice one.

And check this out down in Atlanta:

alfa romeo for sale

In the price range and not too far to go for one. Make a weekend road trip.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Nice car John. I'll bet it will out run yours.........
Woooo haaa!!

Where have you been ya punk??

Paul

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Nice car John. I'll bet it will out run yours.........
Woooo haaa!!

Where have you been ya punk??

Paul
Hey Pauly

Not a chance! Boy I would spank you in a race so fast you would overwhip your cheese cake batter!:D:D:D Hey has Gregg been telling you all the smack talk I send your way via him? I tell him to do this to you and do that to you!:D:D:D I think the last time I asked him how ole Betty Crocker was doing!!!!:D:D:D:D

Where have I been....working. Just got back to Atlanta. Trying to get this dam house done. I may be over your way next week to buy some hardwood for the addition. The addition shall be DONE!!!! THIS YEAR!!! HELL YEAH!!!!:D:D:D:D Then I am going to steal Hicks' lift and put it in my garage and have man land with a drive through window for wife service!:D

I am going to try to get to Gregg's for LD. Hell...I might even pull out an Alfa!:D Speaking of that party....Martin you are welcome to come to that as well. Its a KARS gathering held in Louisville. PM me for details.

Best Regards,
John M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.