Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have an early intake manifold that uses a threaded thermostat. All threads are in very good condition and there is no pitting evident at any coolant passages. The bore at the carb side measures aprox. 39 mm.

This does not come with a thermostat.

Shipping extra...but you pay what I pay.

I would keep this, but all my Alfas are later 2 liter cars.

Thanks,
Alex

$200 or best offer.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alex,

what are the orifice diameters on the cylinder-head side?

Thanks,
Sod
Sod,

I do not have an inside micrometer and the oval nature is a bit hard with a slip stick, but the small measurement of the oval slightly less than 32mm.

I hope that helps.

Alex

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alex,

Is that an inverted "3" cast in the center of the manifold between the two water passages?

Thanks,

Sid

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Sod,

I do not have an inside micrometer and the oval nature is a bit hard with a slip stick, but the small measurement of the oval slightly less than 32mm.

I hope that helps.

Alex
The across dimension is all you normally need to know. If you think about it, the long dimension is just an artifact of having sliced through a tube on an angle. Straight edge measurement is a good indicator. Another thing a buyer might want to know is the bore as cast or been polished.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The across dimension is all you normally need to know. If you think about it, the long dimension is just an artifact of having sliced through a tube on an angle. Straight edge measurement is a good indicator. Another thing a buyer might want to know is the bore as cast or been polished.

Ciao

Ken

The bore appears to be as cast and un-machined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts