Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news. Finally the Weber intake manifold for the 2600 engine will be once more available. I just talked to Paul Hasselgren at Hasselgren Engineering, Inc. and he will be remaking the Weber intake manifold for the 2600 engines. These remakes are as good as the original factory units, maybe even better, and are exact duplicates and fully machined. The price wil be somewhere between $3500 and $4000. They will be available by the middle of January. I've dealt with Paul for many years and his workmanship is outstanding. This is a chance to upgrade to Weber carburetors for all of you, like myself, who have not been able to source a quality Weber intake manifold. See below for contact information.

[email protected] or call him at 510-541-9802

I suggest calling him and feel free to mention my name, Elliot Siegel. Just remember, the more he can sell the cheaper he can price them.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Great news. Finally the Weber intake manifold for the 2600 engine will be once more available. I just talked to Paul Hasselgren at Hasselgren Engineering, Inc. and he will be remaking the Weber intake manifold for the 2600 engines. These remakes are as good as the original factory units, maybe even better, and are exact duplicates and fully machined. The price wil be somewhere between $3500 and $4000. They will be available by the middle of January. I've dealt with Paul for many years and his workmanship is outstanding. This is a chance to upgrade to Weber carburetors for all of you, like myself, who have not been able to source a quality Weber intake manifold. See below for contact information.

[email protected] or call him at 510-541-9802

I suggest calling him and feel free to mention my name, Elliot Siegel. Just remember, the more he can sell the cheaper he can price them.
Lot of money for a part!!!. I have "de-siamesed" enough intake manifolds (trying first a tubing process that leaked water, then a welding up of the crossover points and routing out which reduced the throats to 22mm, and finally merely inserting a flat piece up through the bottom exactly at the crossover to make all throats equal, but with one flat side but not cause leaks) to believe modifying the solex manifolds works well for a lot less cost. The flat plates work great, perhaps even causing a bit of air swirl at valve entry. Real problem of any 2600 or two liter weber installation is keeping the air passing through the intake manifold across the open end of the hole leading to the area above the float in the carburetor from creating a bernoulli vacuum above the float. Alfa used a hose and tube set up from those holes to run to pipes fixed on the 2600 crossover piece atop engine between air cleaner and manifold WITH THE OPEN ENDS OF THE PIPES INSIDE THE CROSSOVER POINTED DIRECTLY INTO THE AIR COMING FROM THE AIR CLEANER. In fact there seems to be under such arrangement a bit of increased momentary pressure to provide more gas when trying to accelerate to eliminate (at least reduce) what would otherwise is a bit of momentary hesitation. Lots of dispute in the past on this point on the bulletin board, but Alfa had good reason to have those hoses and tubes. And also when converting the solex intake manifold care must be taken to provide vacuum connections for the brake booster on 2600 and carburetor support arm connect point for both two liter and 2600..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts