Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to organize my parts stash, I came across an envelope from overseas (can't read postmark, and no country on stamp) that contains a 4.7Kohm resistor. This was in the glovebox of my 164S when I bought it. It also has a generic instruction sheet with sketchy instructions on how to install it in the IAT sensor? The instructions are titled "IAT Timing Sensor Modification". Does anyone have a clue?
I'm not planning to install it, but I am curious!

·
Premium Member
27,334 Posts
Not I said the Alfisti in VB.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
While trying to organize my parts stash, I came across an envelope from overseas (can't read postmark, and no country on stamp) that contains a 4.7Kohm resistor. This was in the glovebox of my 164S when I bought it. It also has a generic instruction sheet with sketchy instructions on how to install it in the IAT sensor? The instructions are titled "IAT Timing Sensor Modification". Does anyone have a clue?
I'm not planning to install it, but I am curious!
:confused:
Pictures?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is really nothing special about it, it is just a regular resistor with color code rings which translate to 4.7Kohms. I'm sure the theory is to make the ECU think the air is colder than it is, so it richens the mixture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts