Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together an 86 Spider that I recently purchased that had a fire due to injector line breaking.
The intake air plenum with like a 1000 hose ports got burned and melted. I have cleaned it and painted it to reuse.
Has anyone replaced that air plenum with aluminum tubing and possibly use a vacuum block for all the lines that ran into the plastic plenum?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
12,580 Posts
Theoretically it’s possible, but note that all the ports are different sizes and the dimensions are important. It might be easier to just get a used part from APE.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theoretically it’s possible, but note that all the ports are different sizes and the dimensions are important. It might be easier to just get a used part from APE.
Thank you for the feedback. Based on all I have had to do to assemble this engine to get it running, including RE-wiring the harness that was damaged from the fire, I encourage all to get those old original injector lines replaced before they crack and cause fire. The hard to find parts that can burn up can make for a slow project to get back up and running!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts