Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have Progressive.com as my insurance company, do they insure GTVs?? Cannot find 73 year model car on their website. Maybe I should contact an agent.

And all I need is only liability to fulfill the registration req.

If not, any suggestion for insurance company in CA?

Thx guys

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
papajam said:
Try www.grundy.com I hear they insure on agreed value and have no mileage limit. I use www.americancollectorsins.com on the 68 GTV but don't know if it's available in CA.
yes, the americancollectorsins.com is available in CA.
They gave me an estimate quote of $39/year (20% off if I'm a "good driver")... :confused:
I better contact them... that sounds way too cheap

Thank you papajam

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh

Oh! I know why it is so cheap now

- Having at least 10 years driving experience

Cannot fulfill that requirement...

:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I've been uninsured for about 8 month's now. I've been lucky. A Police officer tried to pull me over once, and whew.... I got away.

I need to register mine in May, I might need to make some counterfit insurance paper's and go down to Triple A.

If I was employed I would get some insurance.

p.s. I hope theres no cop's on this board.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sniady, you're killing me! hahaha Nah, cops don't drive Alfas. They only try to pull them over.

Thought I recognized Sniady's GTV on one of those "world's most dangerous/amazing/stupidest police video" shows.

Having titled several cars within the last few years I can tell you that the DMV no longer asks for proof of insurance. Don't know why. I guess it's all up to the long arm of the law once again.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Sniady said:
I need to register mine in May, I might need to make some counterfit insurance paper's and go down to Triple A
Sniady,

Your antics never cease to amaze me!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
:p heh heh! I'll make the insurance card soon, anyone need a photoshop file of one?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sniady said:
:p heh heh! I'll make the insurance card soon, anyone need a photoshop file of one?
Photoshop one really works.. that's what I did when I lost my insurance card. I brought out an old one and just photochop it... and DMV doesn't know...
:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Insurance

I found Hagerty Insurance to be extremely cheap. They only insure collector cars over 25 yrs old. On my 69 spider, full coverage insurance is somewhere around $200/yr with an agreed upon value of $16k. There number is 1-800-922-4050

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Insurance

Ping said:
I found Hagerty Insurance to be extremely cheap. They only insure collector cars over 25 yrs old. On my 69 spider, full coverage insurance is somewhere around $200/yr with an agreed upon value of $16k. There number is 1-800-922-4050
That's really good

but 2 more years to go... :(

Thx.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alfa chan,

2 more years? Isn't your gtv a '73? Also, I know the 25 year old rule applies to motorcycles, but you might double check that it applies to automobiles as well.

Ping

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hagerty Insurance

Alfa Chan,

I just checked my records, and my insurance is $140 a year. I couldn't believe how cheap it was for full coverage. I have a 83 Kawasaki that I pay Progressive Insurance $200 a year just for liability.

Ping

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Hagerty Insurance

Oh! I thought 25 years old means the driver...

Since the websites mentioned above requires me to be at least 26.

I pay over $300 for my CBR (liability only)) and $2500 to my VW (full cov) to Progressive each year. Ouch :(

Let me call Hagerty now. :D

Ping said:
Alfa Chan,

I just checked my records, and my insurance is $140 a year. I couldn't believe how cheap it was for full coverage. I have a 83 Kawasaki that I pay Progressive Insurance $200 a year just for liability.

Ping

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FREE!!

I just found out if you have a policy with Progressive.com already, you can get a quote for cars older than 80.

Just go to my.progressive.com and select QUOTE>Add a vehicle

And I found out that it doesn't raise my premium at all if I only need liability coverage for my Alfa. That make sense though, how can I drive TWO cars at the same time... :D

I'm a very happy camper today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts