Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that they have settled with me , i get $3400 for my car , and get to keep it..unfor. now it will be a salvage title( just a bent fender amd a broken steering box) how do i keep my car insured?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bianchi - can you give me some addl detail as to what happened etc.. I own an insurance brokerage in NY and might be able to offer you some guidance.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Insurance Question

now that they have settled with me , i get $3400 for my car , and get to keep it..unfor. now it will be a salvage title( just a bent fender amd a broken steering box) how do i keep my car insured?
I've never had trouble insuring a salvaged titled car; the problem is trying to sell it --- many people do not want to buy a car with a "salvage title." I suppose you could investigate if there are any states that do not issue salvage titles, register it there, and then re-register it in your state based on the new clear title. But then you may have to deal with bringing in an out of state car, depending on what is involved in your area, it may be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm sure laws differ from state to state but here in Ga. and most others I have bought Salvage title cars out of, that vehicle is not allowed on the roads nor insurable nor can you buy a tag for it period.:eek: Now once repairs are completed and all flaming hoops and hurdles have been cleared maybe you can have the state inspect the vehicle and possibly give it a clean bill of health. From that point on it will have a branded title something like "Rebuilt or Rebuilt From Salvage" stamped across the title. I can't stress enough that you need to do some research as to what is required to achieve an inspection. As of a couple of years ago here in Ga you have to have a state rebuilders license no exceptions. If you can get it inspected once fixed find out every piece of paper they require to save yourself undue hassles:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Perhaps buy a 'parts' spider with a good title for a few hundred bucks, then use your car as the 'parts' car (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts