Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends:

The speedometer in my '65 Giulia Spyder just died (despite a recent cable), and during the ensuing wild gyrations the needle fell off its mount. Now I need to have the unit restored, meachanically and cosmetically. Someone told me about an instrument restoration shop called MOMA in Albuquerque. Do any of you have experience with them?

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
i have no experience with any of the speedometer repair shops, but here on the forum many seem to have a good experience with Palo Alto Speedometer http://www.paspeedo.com/
no affiliation, etc
good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
maybe it is not that difficult

my giulia was "parked" for a very long time (about 30 year) and I only needed to manually loosen the mechanism of the speedometer and conect a new cable and it worked, so maybe you just need to open the case and glue the needle if you are refering only to the white needle that mounts over the spinning axle, thats what I did to my tachometer needle.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Frank:

Sometimes it's useful to know where you are located, so that we might steer you to a shop in your area.

Here in S. Calif., North Hollywood Speedometer is the go-to place for gauge repair. They rebushed my Giulia tachometer this summer, fixing that squealing sound. Took them about a month, cost $200. You can find North Hollywood Speedometer pretty easily on Google - oddly enough, they are located in North Hollywood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts