Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

The light in my temp gage is out. Is there an easy way to replace it? Also, are the lights in the doors (courtesy lights) supposed to come on when the door is opened? I have the lights in the doors and also the lights on the foot panel on the center counsel. I can turn the lights on (foot panel) manually but they do not come on when the door is opened. Any thoughts?

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Lights in the doors?

You mean those red lenses at the lower corner of the door at the opposite end as the hinges? Those would be reflectors, not lights.

As to the one's in the center console, they are a rocking lense (which you've discovered already) w/one position being on all the time, the middle being on w/timer after the door has opened, and the third being off all the time no matter what.

Check that (1) you have the timer relay in the fusebox (top row, 2nd or 3rd from left, great big thing) and (2) that your door switches are present, clean and functional.

Temp gauge light is fairly easy if you're on the dual pod dash (gas, oil and temp gauges are in the center console) and don't have AC

Sit in the passenger side and reach up behind the console, find the gauge, and work the bulb socket out.

It's a little crowded, and you'll be working blind for the most part, but you don't have to disassemble anything.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not realize that the red lenses in the doors were reflectors (good to know). REgarding the light in the temp gauge, I do have air conditioning. I assume this means that the light will be more difficult to cahnge?

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Yah, as the AC box kinda takes up what little room is there.

If you can't get to it from underneath the right side dash, you may have to pull the glovebox out and reach in that way, (just a few screws inside the cabinet + the latch and the whole box will come out the front), or worst case scenario, pull the center console apart. (try the glovebox route first. Really....)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts